Family holidays in Europe that involve more than just a beach resort

Hello

I know there have been various threads on holidays. I have searched and read these. Really useful however I am trying to find a family friendly villa in Europe where there is more to do than just be on a costal resort.

I know it's harder once you have a baby ( ours will be nearly one in June/ July when we want to go away) but keen to find a villa where we can chill but also do some exploring of nearby places.

Does anyone have any good recommendations please

Many thanks

Catherine

Definitely Corsica, French island along the South east cost.

You have beaches and mountains, lots of walks to do, water sports as moutains sports.

Nice weather, beautiful sea, great food.

You have direct flight from london by Gatwick with easyjet.

The best part for me is "agriates desert with Calvi and St Florent /cap Corse" and Bonifaccio.

South of the Island is better for easy access to beaches but more busy . (Porto Vecchio famous for tourist as porticcio). I would not recommend the oriental coast (around Aleria), cheaper but a shame to go that far to be in the less nice part of the island :)

Avoid the 2 first weeks of August(rush period of French summer holidays, most of the companies ask their employees to take their summer break that month).

You can find houses to rent at Homelidays.fr

Club Med in Corsica are not nice.

Hello Catherine. I can recommend the Amalfi Coast in Southern Italy for its beautiful landscape, history and food. There are so many things to explore without having to travel too far i.e. historical sites or beaches. Because it's on the coast it doesn't feel that hot, even in June/July. Italy in general is a good place to go with children as they're very child friendly. If you are looking for family accommodation Amalfi Coast villas might suit you. Kailyn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I found this post after we just had to throw away £14 of chicken thighs from Dugard in HH, and probably for the 3rd time. They were roasted thoroughly within an hour of purchase. But they came out of the oven smelling very woofy.  We couldn't take a single bite, they were clearly off. Pizza for dinner it is then. Very disappointing. 
    • interesting read.  We're thinking about the same things for our kids in primary school as well. One thing I don't understand about Charter ED is whether they stream / set kids based on ability.  I got the impression from an open evening that it is done a little as possible. All i could find on-line was this undated letter - https://www.chartereastdulwich.org.uk/_site/data/files/users/18/documents/9473A8A3547CCCD39DBC4A55CA1678DC.pdf?pid=167 For the most part, we believe in mixed ability teaching and do not stream in Year 7 or Year 8. The only exceptions to this are that we have a small nurture class for Maths. This is a provision for students who scored lower than 85 in their SATS exams and is designed to support them to acquire the skills to access the learning in mainstream class. We do not have nurture classes for any other subjects. We take a more streamed - though not a setted - approach in Maths and Science from Year 9 onwards. though unsure if this is still accurate reflection of policy, and unsure of difference between streaming and setting.
    • Hello, I'm looking for an entertainer for my 9 year old son's birthday party. Looking for someone who can organise some games for the kids as my son and his friends are quite active. Regards, Sue
    • My son’s primary school hatched duck eggs, probably under this scheme around 12 years ago.  We were all very upset to hear that 2 of the (5 year old) boys had knocked the incubator over & all eggs smashed.   feeling a lot less sad about that now!  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In