Ear Thermometer recommendations

we have the Braun one which is the same as they use at the doctors - I think it's from Lloyds chemist on North cross rd though you cd probably get online. It's expensive but really good - and helpful as I find doctors invariably ask about temperature first so it's good to have checked.

We have the Braun one too, but I know there is a new infra red thermometer that you don't even need to touch babies skin with. No idea how much they cost, but worth looking into as means avoiding struggle if sore ears, waking if asleep to take temp etc (and let us know if u do find it/ get one!)

I just wanted to say, be careful of ear thermometers with tiny babies. My son had a serious infection at 3 weeks and although I knew he had a temp the ear thermometer wasn't picking it up. The dr at the hospital said really best for older kids (4+ maybe, can't remember). Perhaps they are better now but just thought I would mention...

I've always been told that the digital ones you use under the arm are more accurate for use with small children - I think with the ear ones you need to ensure they're in a specific place to get a good reading. Just might be worth thinking about before spending so much money - our digital one (actually, ones... I keep losing them, buying a replacement, then finding the old one) was less than ?10.

Thank you everyone. It's for use on children 12 months plus and I've spoken to a few friends who also recommended the Braun thermometer. I've ordered it on amazon and will see how I get on with it. If it's no good, your other suggestions may come in very handy.