Anyone due around June? Multiples?

Hi there, I'm expecting twins in June (lest they come earlier!) - first time mum. I don't know many people in UK as I'm from Australia. Would love to meet other mums-to-be locally to share experiences and for general support :-) If you happen to be interested in meeting-up do let me know please! Anna

Congratulations Anna. Check out the Summer Babies 2013 thread on here. We met up last month and there is another night out planned for next week I think. Lots of Mums due around that time, most of them first timers. I am having twins in July. I think there are already 4 of us expecting twins so you could make it 5.

Hi both, many congratulations! As dad to four year old twin boys I can thoroughly recommend having twins!

If you haven't looked into it already do check out the Dulwich & District Twins Club, there are lots of meet ups and a helpful expectant parents book on the club website: http://ddtwinsclub.org/new/expectant-parents-pack/.

You can also keep up with club events via twitter by following @ddtwinsclub, look out for the nearly new sale next Saturday (16 March).

We are also expecting twins in July and are also new to the area... My wife plans to return to work soon after having our boys and we would like to get some additional help within the home. Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly received!

Daniel B - congratulations! Im no expert but Ive been looking for a birth doula and noticed that many doulas also provide postnatal services that include cooking, laundry, support etc. The http://doula.org.uk/ website has been useful. We've also employed a domestic cleaner who has started to come once in a fortnight so that we get comfortable with each other before the babies arrive.... If I was going back to work I think I'd be looking into au pairs/nannies/night nurses... 'Double Trouble - Twins and How to Survive Them' mentions other options such as nanny share, nanny trainees, and live-in student help. lots of options to explore :-)

Congratulations!

We are members of Dulwich twin club and I definitely recommend joining. They organise a Baby and Toddler meet up a couple of Tuesdays a month at a church hall at the top of Red Post Hill (separate baby area and volunteers running the group - all for multiples). From April, we will start to meet up in Peckham Rye again on every other Friday (sometimes more often) in the enclosed picnic area. These will run throughout the summer. Expectant mothers (and fathers!) welcome to join too.

The twin club also do multiple ante-natal talks at King's College Hospital. And - there is the Nearly New Sale next Saturday. Plenty of bargains to be had. Have a look at the website as suggested by RobMiller above.

Also - Ivydale children centre run a multiples group every Thursday morning. Staff very helpful when you need an extra hand and will help you bring in / out children to buggy or car.