Where can I buy a new wheelie bin?

Hi All. Our wheelie bin was stolen (yes, stolen and yes, a wheelie bin, beats me!!) over the weekend and I need to get a replacement one. Unfortunately that means dishing out the money as the council don't replace them for free. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on where I can get one at a good price. The council charge ?46.50 or so, which seems rather a lot especially since it was stolen and it's hardly our fault. Any help much appreciated!

Are you under Southwark Council? they've always replaced ours for free, and recycling boxes (which were always disappearing). You could even do it online (though I had to phone to ensure it went through). Unless they've changed it v recently it might worth you calling back and hoping to get someone else?

hi there,spanners45,i have a green wheelie bin you can pick up as southwark council want me to call them to pick it up if i want rid of it.i have three of them which is far too many..ironic how they want to charge for one,but won't take mine.lol.

postcode se5 9ll..1f..

Amazingly, I got home this morning for lunch with the kids and our 'wandering' bin has been returned! Someone's guilty conscience? Who knows, I am just glad it is back.

Thank you to all those of you who offered one of your spare ones. I will be in touch if it goes walkies again.

Happy weekend everyone!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Just wondering- what were they arrested for? If you remember 
    • Cyclists certainly do have a bit of a perception problem at the moment and when I cycle I see a lot of examples of arrogance and ignorance that gives all cyclists a bad name - it does seem that many cyclists have caught the entitlement bug many drivers seem to have.
    • But Spartacus didn't mention the significant amounts of land being used for car storage - that was most definitely you.   And I am afraid when you apply your same measure to other transport uses (like cycleways and cycle lanes - Malumbu is your stat on the 360 kms of cycle network cycleways or cycle lanes?) then it most definitely is relevant for the debate.   Should we assume then that if all this ULEZ money and government bailout money is being poured into TFL then the system is, financially at least, broken or is it a case that the money is being mis-spent (like the DV junction project)?    
    • Contact your SNT (police). An old friend of mine (now deceased) was a 'victim' of a door to door scam some years ago. He mentioned it to our local SNT police officers who found that several ED residents had been visited by these ;salespeople. It was arranged that my friend asked the scammers to return on a certain day and time when he had some money to purchase their goods. Police in plain clothes outside in street watching. with a uniformed officer in the house - scammers returned and were arrested.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In