First Time Mums - April/May Births

Hello everybody. Am really keen to meet some other first time mums who are maybe as overwhelmed as I am. I have only just moved to the area as well and now maternity leave is here - well reality of what's around the corner is sinking in. Would be great to maybe organise a meet up that could perhaps turn into a first time mums group. :) Bex x

Hi Rebecca,

You are in the right area and will make loads of new friends I am sure. Have you joined the spring babies group? Their thread is on this forum. Also try and go to some of the bumps and babies groups as you will meet loads of people that way. www.edtots.co.uk are great for info. I would def recommend the group at the Crooked Well for the early days when the baby is v young. It is a lovely group.

Hi,

At the risk of hijacking the spring babies thread ( I think their's is a regular meet though so hopefully not) do you fancy meeting up tomorrow (Friday 5th march) at about 1pm, maybe for tea and cake at one of the cares on lordship lane? I would have suggested a park, but its only April, maybe we should hide from the snow ;)

I would have loved to do this, but am having about 5 different deliveries to the new house tomorrow and cant leave :(

However would be lovely to do this on a weekday next week? Tuesday or Wednesday?

ha you are right, i didn't want to over ride the spring babies thread but I noticed that not many were first timers so thought id try this way. At least we arent having to deal with late pregnancy in the heat - that can't be much fun!!!

x

I know that feeling too! I hope you don't mind, I've pm'ed you as well - I am due on Monday, so may or may not be able to make it. Would love to meet up though, so am sure we can sort something out. Overwhelmed doesn't come close and congratulations on the new house - there seems to be a lot around for mums here so I'm sure we'll enjoy it

Hi,

I am due in early May and would definitely be keen to meet up with other new Mums-to-be - it's all feeling very real now! I'm on maternity leave now also so any weekday get togethers would be great. Hope to see you soon. Kate

Morning ladies,

I'm a first time mum too and baby is due 5th May! all very exciting and apprehensive. I'm also new to the east dulwich forum for that matter. my midwife recommended I check the spring babies forum out now that I'm on maternity leave and just been reading through some of the postings, when I also came across this forum and thought i'd say hello as it may be a little more suited. It would be lovely to meet up with a few first timers and chat about first pregnancies and all things that is new with baby stuff! Quite overwhelming. It's a lovely new experience but it would be nice talking with others going through the same thing and also to get out and have a coffee, as my city work world has just ceased and it'd be nice to get involved in my E.Dulwich home world! I'm also free next week for a coffee - Monday, Tuesday morning or Thursday if that suits anyone? Kells, all the best for Monday! Thoughts are with you.

Hi

Shall we say Tuesday at 11 at Peckham Rye cafe then? If I can't make it I'm sure I can catch up with you all another time! I might have a one day old by then, but he doesn't seem in any particular hurry!

Hi ladies,

Firstly congratulations to you all on becoming mums for the first time. I'm another first timer keen to meet other new mums as I'm the first of my locally based friends to have a baby. I'm due 26th April and have just started my maternity leave today - such a relief!

Unfortunately, I can't meet tomorrow as I have an antenatal class but I would love to meet up with you if you're planning to meet again at some point soon. If so, please let me know.

Enjoy your meeting tomorrow,

Another Bex!

Hi

Can meet up today if you fancy it? I am a few days overdue and climbing the walls listening to Jeremy Kyle screaming on tv, so would welcome the chance to meet for a coffee! We could meet early this afternoon on lordship lane?

Kells

Hi Kells,

I'm so sorry I've only just seen your message! I ended up going to Ikea yesterday for some last minute bits and bobs. I've changed my settings so should now be emailed any new responses on the thread.

If you haven't given birth yet and you're still climbing the walls I'd love to meet for coffee on Monday if you're free?

Also, if anyone else is also free to meet please do give me a shout.

Good luck with the labour Kells! Let us know how you get on.

Bex x

Hi Hannah,

I'm still free tomorrow so am keen to meet up. Would you like to meet for a coffee in the morning somewhere? What about somewhere on Lordship Lane - Cafe Nero? Say at 10:30? However, I can be flexible re time/location.

I've got less than 2 weeks to go now - due on 26th April!

Bex.