science museum by 345 bus

Hi have been thinking about going to the science museum tomorrow with minikatsu. Someone recommended the 345 bus from Peckham which goes straight there - but I've just looked at the bus timetable online, and it says it will take about 1 hour 15 minutes.

When we have been before we have taken the train to Victoria and then bus to the museum, but now that there are only 2 trains an hour to Victoria from PR I am trying to avoid that.

The other option is train to LB, then Jubilee line and District Line.

The bus would be the easiest but not sure if I c(or minikatsu) will be able to manage one and half hours on the bus!

We once and once only got that bus back from South ken on a baking hot day.....it really did take forever, it maybe the longest bus route in London, avoid!

I would say the PR-Victoria is the least painful and quickest route

I went last week - got a bus to Vauxhall and then changed at the bus station to the 360. Took forty mins in total from goose green. Very direct - stops on exhibition street itself.

Highly recommend combining a visit to the natural history museum butterfly exhibition too. Buy your tickets online and you can avoid the queues. My 13 month old loved it but older kids seemed equally enthralled - particularly if they have a camera to take pictures.

Route home is lovely as the bus stops on exhibition street itself so is empty on the way back.

If you're going from Peckham Rye I would take the train to Blackfriars then do a step free interchange onto the District Line and on to South Ken. The steps at South Ken are a pain but someone has always given me a hand, esp in school holidays.

I sometimes catch the 345 back as my little one will still sleep in the buggy on the bus after a long morning running around the museums.

Overground to clapham junction, come out the back entrance and pick up a 49 or 345 bus on falcon rd, should cut bus time down a bit. There are lifts at CJ and the overground trains go to platform 1 and 2 right at the back of the station. This is a great route for the kings road too

Bellenden Belle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I went last week - got a bus to Vauxhall and then

> changed at the bus station to the 360. Took forty

> mins in total from goose green. Very direct -

> stops on exhibition street itself.

>

> Highly recommend combining a visit to the natural

> history museum butterfly exhibition too. Buy your

> tickets online and you can avoid the queues. My 13

> month old loved it but older kids seemed equally

> enthralled - particularly if they have a camera to

> take pictures.

>

> Route home is lovely as the bus stops on

> exhibition street itself so is empty on the way

> back.

Deffo route to go. It's fairly quick, once you've got the connections (the 360 is not so frequent at weekends) and the beauty of the bus rather than train is you can easily get off with munchkin(s) quickly if you need to and not have to faff around with stairs/lifts that don't usually work