What to do with crawlers...!

We're just adjusting to life with a mobile 9mo. He doesn't particularly like being in the buggy for a long stint and gets impatient if we're in cafes or restaurants - understandably, boring for him!

What did/does everyone else do at this stage at the weekend? (He's not impressed by swings ..)

Lots of play dates. Take him to the park and let him grub around. At least it's nicer weather!

Mine loved the slide too, would crawl over and go down head first and even now prefers that to sitting up.

It is frustrating - mine crawled soldier style for months and was constantly dirty, I was desperate for him to start walking, lol!

Def try the playground in pr park by the duck pond, there is a climbing bit with a tunnel and slide which is good for crawlers.

Soft play is fantastic. Personally I don't like Peckham Pulse for little ones - I always head to the Museum of London in the Docklands where limited numbers mean little crawlers can grow in confidence without big kids around. I also found the vast expanse of nothingness that is the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern just brilliant for letting him crawl for ages.

Also - if you can, try getting hold of one of those walkers with bricks.

But here's the trick - take it to the park. Mine got very frustrated walking with it at home where he kept bumping into things and having to stop. Instead now, he happily pushes it over the fields, through the mud, for a good hour - and it absolutely exhausts him.

(ps. did anyone else think this thread was about nits or was that just me!)

Swimming or go to one one the libraries (eg grove vale or Carnegie) and let him crawl and rummage through books. Our daughter was happier sitting up in a child's back pack seat (carried by daddy).

Or lunch at Florence or Victoria pubs. They have play rooms so can prove win win for you and little one

some of the smaller climbing frames and slides in playgrounds can be good for crawlers, otherwise swimming, library (Canada Water has a great children's library), Tate Modern turbine hall - any big space where they're not going to be a danger to themselves or others basically!

I have a 15 month old bottom shuffler - even trickier than a crawler as she can't climb or pull herself up, so it's very hard work at playgrounds as she wants to get involved but needs help every step of the way.

Horniman is another good place to let them explore, the room with all the eerie stuffed animals is a favourite of ours, as is patting the poor old stuffed fox in the interactive kids room.

I found the crawling stage hard, especially in the winter. Both of mine crawled for ages too. Like Saila I just let them crawl pretty much anywhere, obvs not in crowded cafes etc but as long as it 's dry and they've got thick trousers on it's fine. They got dirty but it wore them out and they were happy. Goose Green playground has a smaller climbing frame at one end and both of mine liked to cruise around that, it also has a little slide. Myatts Fields is great too as covered in that safe surface stuff. Peckham Pulse soft play keeps them busy and lots of the museums in town have space for crawlers. Waterproof trousers may be useful at this time of year...