Energy efficient washing machines (sorry)

Cam123

So having had a baby recently, we upgraded to a miele washing machine. I'm not ashamed to say I was actually rather excited...

However, 6 months in and I have to finally admit that it is definitely making everything go bobbly. Microfibre underwear which was brand new came out looking 15 years old!

All I can think is that perhaps because it is A-rated energy-wise, it uses so little water that the friction levels are far too high to be kind to the fabrics? Does anyone have similar experience /any ideas?

Sorry to post such a mind-numbingly dull topic but this damn machine is ruining all of our clothes and i'm not sure what to do!

What's your spin cycle setting? Does it default to a high setting, or can you adjust it manually? Turn it down to 600-800.

Do different cycles have different water-levels, or can you adjust this manually as well? Do you regularly use a water softener?

If less than a year old, is the machine still under warrenty? Try to contact the company for advice / register a complaint.

The standard spin is 1400 and I turn it down to 1000 each time. I also make sure the "water plus" button is pressed but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I'll try turning the spin down more but to me it seems odd to make a machine where most of the spin levels ruin clothes!

It is still under warranty but I have a sneaky feeling that I wont get a good response on this one. I just wondered before contacting them if this is likely to be a fault with this machine or if others find it to be the case with energy efficient machines in general?

I just wanted to say thati have a Miele washing machine and often use the 1400 or 1200 spin with no problems. I only turn it down for really delicate items. I know this doesn't help you but maybe the problem is with your specific machine?

Our Miele washing machine is a year and a half old, never had any problems with the bobbling of clothing, not sure what model it is as we're away but it has the honeycomb drum technology, Does yours? I think this feature is meant to be kinder on clothing.

I do turn the spin right down for wool but our machine only has a maximum of 1200