uk holiday home advice

canela

We're planning a big family get-together this July and I'm looking for cottage/house big enough to hold 3 families (2 adults, 2 kids), plus 2 additional adults. Somewhere easy to get to from London, and with a garden. Family coming from far-flung places so am anxious to show off England at its best!!! Any ideas on places? We want somewhere we can hang out mostly, but access to a couple of easy day trips would be good - of the pub/little village kind.

This is the first time the kids have all met each other - all under 8 - and not sure how similar our parenting styles are. So I really want the place itself to be great and able to deal with a crowd!

Unsure there'd be one cottage big enough for all of the party, but could be worth looking at Bosinver Farm Cottages in Cornwall (www.bosinver.co.uk) they've won the gold award for self catering accommodation in the SW of England & has some lovely facilities on site which will help keep all entertained (inc hand feeding the animals with Farmer Dave every morning). We're going in Sept for the 3rd year running :-)

We had a brilliant holiday in Norfolk last year. So much to do, the broads are stunning, Norwich is a lovely city if anybody wants a day in town, there are beaches (we didn't go to the beach we were so busy doing other stuff so I can't tell you if it is any good), country houses, all sorts of things to see and do.

I googled and found this house http://www.barshambarns.co.uk/The_Great_East_Barn :)