lunch ideas?

My 3.5 goes to nursery 3 days a week and is with me the remaining of the week. I am bored of our lunch options which are mainly leftovers from previous night dinner, or soup with sandwiches, or fish fingers with chips/beans. Any suggestions for quick lunch ideas? Also, it seems that for pudding we always have either have fruit or yoghurt but I am sure there must be more to puddings that this! I am stuck in a food rut!

Toasted sandwiches and soup

Hummous pitta and crudit?s

Omelette or frittata

Hard boiled eggs grated cheese and salad

Pasta salad

Baked potato with cheese and sweet corn or beans

Baked sweet potato

Wraps with hummous and roasted veg

Scrambled egg on toast

Hi Ole. Would you be interested in trying some of my meals? No strings attached, but it's always good to get some feedback from younger children on the taste of the meals. I have been selling the meals locally for a few years and am now selling them on a wider scale. We are targeting slightly older children but the meals are suitable for little ones. I could send you a few to try (obviously free).

You can find out more about the meals here www.tinksfood.com

Let me know

Julia

Bread pizza's - toasted bread, tin of tomato cooked for 5 mins with a little garlic (& herbs if it works) and mashed to get rid of bits, cheese - under the grill to melt the cheese. Can put extras on if your kids are into it.

For puddings, tinned fruit and custard is always a winner. Little jelly pots or custard pots work too. Make cake (brownies are great) and put extra in the freezer in small portions - heat up to defrost and serve with ice cream.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...