SILENT DISCO for your kids (12-18) Sat 18th May

3 DJ's wirelessly beaming music to your ears! 3 channels to choose from at a flick of a switch on the headphones. 14 year old DJ Greatorex will play Jungle, glitch hop, 17 year old Tom will play chill-step and dance. If you don't understand that then good, you're not supposed to, just get your teenagers a ticket thru the festival website www.dulwichfestival.co.uk ?10 Also give your kids ?5 for refundable headphones deposit and a bit of extra cash for snacks and refreshments. No parents or neighbours to annoy! Drop 'em off from 7:30, pick 'em up by 10pm. St Barnabas Parish Hall, Dulwich Village Se21 7BT. As 3rd DJ i'll be playing current chart pop & disco classics. I'm CRB checked and play regularly at The Rollerdisco in Vauxhall (where I am this very afternoon, Saturdays FamilyJam) so does DJ Greatorex (pictured) so should be a great night.

Any parent volunteer helpers? - go on, i'll even let you try the headphones on - and I take requests (even funk and 80's).

I'm personally putting up the money for this (hire of headphones, delivery, lights etc) and hire of hall and refreshments. It probably won't even cover my costs. Sometimes we just have to make an effort and come up with something different, especially for teenagers, plus to do something interesting for the festival programme (all run purely by volunteers). If there is any profit the festival does gets a cut. There are a few events on that evening i.e. Johh Hedgeley at Alleyns Theatre - the venue requires a dozen or more stewards (as it's their policy) so a lot of steward volunteers will be there. Plus EDT acoustic night I think. I, like myself, only seem to know single mums! and have a couple coming down, plus a dad. So Vesti I'm not asking you to help, I've suggested this event to the Festival Committee last year and taken it all on board myself. So, I'm just putting it out there as a request should anyone fancy coming down and keeping an eye out (as I'll be one of the Dj's and therefore can't be everywhere). You coming down then?

• 8 months later...