24 hours in a and e

I only caught part of the episode, but here's more info online. I didn't realise when watching that they were local. Article says South London, but doesn't list a burough. Looks like she's ok. Hope all continues well for them. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2324998/24-Hours-A-E-Mothers-anguish-doctors-treat-girl-8-fall-high-diving-board.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Kings is a trauma centre. They could have come from anywhere South of the river to Kent and beyond. Certainly didn't recognise the diving pool they showed her in. It's not Crystal Palace. Bromley? New Cross?

What does 'looking local' mean?

I love 24 Hours in A&E. The staff are simply marvellous. All credit to them - I am grateful to know that they are there, doing what they do.

But why is the Daily Mail padding itself out making a whole feature which parrots the content of the programme? Did a feature writer or jounalist get paid for relating the TV programme verbatim? No additional research, nothing. Shockingly lazy and useless rag!

• 2 weeks later...

As I work in Kings most of the time I enjoy watching A & E and spotting people that I know ( colleagues and patients).

However one colleague informed me that the down side of the programme is that more minor accidents are coming to A & E to see if they can get on the programme. Increase in those who should have gone to GP surgery but probably could not get an appointment.