Stillness Infant School - recommendations/feedback

Considering moving close to Stillness Infant School in Forest Hill/Honor Oak and would appreciate any feedback from parents of children there.

Ofsted rating is outstanding and KS2 results are great - but I know from experience (mine and others) that nothing beats feedback/recommendations from parents.

Many thanks,

BC

We moved into the area last year so this is our main school choice. We know that our neighbors who have their two kids there are very happy with it, so are friends of a friend. We would be applying for next year. You may also want to post this on se23.com.

Thanks Vez. That's very reassuring. I've also heard back from a couple of parents who are happy with the school.

My little one will also be in reception next year which is why we're starting to think of schools. I will also post on SE23.

Thanks again

Glad to hear you've looked around and loved it, born&brED. We have to make a decision this week and I haven't had a chance to view it and can't view this week as it's half-term:-o

My eldest is also due to join reception in Sept 2014. How time flies!

Hi - I have lots of friends with children at Stillness Infants who are really happy with it. It does seem a lovely school. The one thing I would say about the set up is to make sure that, unless you're planning on moving or going private at seven you are happy with the Juniors as well.

I'm not saying that because I know anything bad about Stillness Juniors (all I know about it is that it is very separate, though at least admissions are linked), but as a mum of a nearly-six year old I am amazed at how fast children move from infants to juniors.

It seems only minutes ago that I was looking at schools for my tiny daughter, but she goes up into year 2 this September and then will be in juniors the year after that, which seems extraordinary.

She's at Dalmain though, so it is only a matter of 'going upstairs' rather than changing school altogether. I quite like the fact she has the juniors around to look up to, as well - but they did seem rather huge when she first started! Good luck