Dulwich Nursery

I am returning to work in the Autumn and at the moment I'm looking at childcare options. Somebody told me about a nursery which is on the sight of Sainsbury's at Dog Kennel Hill-googled it and found out it's Dulwich Nursery. Does anyone know of this nursery/had experience/can recommend or not recommend etc? All I know is that they achieved outstanding in their last OFSTED report.

Also does anyone know where Magical Moments nursery is? I'm not sure if this one is just a creche or daycare.

Thanks xx

I can strongly recommend Dulwich Nursery! We use that nursery. The staff is always friendly and flexible, the children all look happy, they seem to do quite a lot of fun activities, the food is freshly made on site and is healthy, good opening hours. They have recently done many changes for the better. The only thing I wish they did more was outings! Don't think they have ever been away to the park etc actually. But maybe that's not a common thing for nurseries..? I don't have much to compare with to be hounest.

A good thing is that they now have changed the curriculum so there's no need to go through the process of finding a pre-school! So the nursery is great even for older toddlers.

The only issue is that the waiting list is massive.. So if you haven't already signed up a year ago I think it will be hard to get a slot already for Autumn. I had forgot that I even sent in an application when they contacted me 1,5 years later!

Ditto all that Lue Lue said.

My son goes to Dulwich Nursery 3 days a week and loves it. He was rather dissappointed when we went on holiday for a couple of weeks recently and the first thing he asked every morning was whether he could go to nursery and see his friends (staff included in the list)... Charming!

The waiting list is very very long though. I put our name down when i was still pregnant and only got offered a place 2 weeks before i was due to go back to work.

Good luck with your search.

Hi

I would agree with the above unfortunately waiting lists in the area are extremely long. Things are a bit tricker for me as I have twins but to give you an example I have been on a few wait lists now for 2 years (as I put there names down when they were 4 months) with still no spaces come up. Obviously the wait time for one space should be shorterbut the lists are extensive. I ended up fining a nursery which was just opening and got spaces that way but then you do run the risk of having no feedback to base your choice on. Whilst you wait for spot you could consider a childminder as those spaces come up on a regular basis and I have seen some advertised on the forum before.

Hope you find something soon

Jules