Asquith nursery - Waveney

Hi

The nursery manager hasn't returned after her holiday in April and has now been gone for over 2 months. When I asked yesterday they said it was an extended period of leave. The toddler room leader left really quickly with seemingly no job to go to last week as well.

Just wondered if anyone had any inside info about what's going on?

I haven't got any concerns about the child care but these staffing things have me wondering whether there is something going on that we don't know about yet.

J-mo

I have been wandering what has been going as my daughter goes to that nursery too. I only found out by accident today that team leader from toddler room left two weeks ago. I feel this is information they should share. I didn't know the manager hasn't returned but I was wandering where she was too.

Ah- well that answers my question then. I knew the toddler room leader was leaving as she was my daughter's key person, but was disappointed the nursery hadn't let us know or what the plans for her replacement are. I mentioned to my other half last night that I hadn't seen the manager around for a while either.

Am going to email Asquith HQ today as I think it's poor that try haven't communicated anything with parents, especially if there is essentially no management in the nursery currently. Has anyone seen the deputy manager recently? Now I think about it I can't recall seeing her for a while...

I just spoke to the administrator at the nursery itself, the manager is on 'extended leave' (whatever that means) but apparently there is another manager covering for her. The deputy manager is on leave this week, but back next week (so she hasn't disappeared altogether as well!).

Apparently the team leader from the baby room is covering for the team leader in the toddler room having left.

Sounds like they are very stretched, but there is management cover. I still don't think the communication about the staffing situation has been great (in my opinion parents shouldn't have to find out information like this on the grapevine) a simple email to all parents would have made sure we weren't left wondering.

I'm going to contact Asquith HQ anyway and point this out to them!

My daughter is in the Toddler room and I have found out today that the leader has gone, although I am very happy to hear that Sabrina is taking over as she looked after me little one in the baby area and she was great. Sad to see that some of the girls have gone. I asked about it on my way out today as I met a lady from another nursery covering the management and she seemed to explain it all in a fair way. I dont think I can post on here what they said but I suggest you speak to them as it eased my mind. I think Hazel is back next week so nothing to worry about there! Nurseriessss heyyyy!

Hi bellaboo and others- yep I met the stand in manager today who was very nice - sounds like we had a similar conversation. ( if anyone wants to PM me for details that's fine).

Sounds like all in hand, but stand by my issue with lack of communication and have passed this on to Asquith.

I have twin boys in the baby room and would be keen to hear from anyone else who has babies in there re. thoughts and opinions.

I say I have twins in the baby room but since they started 2 weeks ago one or both of them have been ill with something or another and I have got 'the call' to come and collect so they're barely there!

Fresh start next week I hope!

I also heard that Kate the admin manager is leaving which is a real shame.

My daughter is in nursery room (upstairs) and I also met the stand in manager today, who seemed very nice, but I didn't manage to get much info out of her, so RenF I may PM for some more detail if that's ok, as I too had been wondering what was happening.

Louloub27 - yes Gloria has left as well, I asked one of the others in nursery room why and was just told she got another job but i dont know any more or who is taking over from her

Ellsbells - totally normal for them to be poorly a lot when they start. Mine was too. Unfortunately they're suddenly exposed to all sorts of new germs. First few months were bad for us and I felt awfulntakingntime off work when I'd only just started back. It got better after aboutb 2 months. Sorry if this is a depressing thought :) it would be the same at any nursery, I think.