DULWICH VILLAGE PRE SCHOOL

I need some advice re Dulwich Village pre school. I am thinking of sending my little one there but have heard mixed reviews.Does any one have any experiences good or bad. Please reply or PM me id you prefer. Would really apprec iate your views. Many thanks

Hi, I would be interested in knowing if you got any feedback good or bad? I was also planning on sending my daughter there but have since heard mixed reviews too, so I'm following this thread as well hoping to get a better picture...

My daughter also went there for a year finishing last July and we were really happy with it. The staff were lovely and most have worked there for a long long time which I think is a good sign. My daughter really grew in confidence while there and loved going. She still talks about how much she loved it and how she misses her teachers there.

Happy to answer anything by PM.

My daughter has been there since last September, I loved it immediately. She hasn't got a school place for this year, as yet so looks to be staying as the oldest child until easter term 2014 and I'm more than happy about that. She loves the teachers and gets on really well with the structure of the day which is pretty free flowing. She took a long time settle as she had never been in a nursery/pre-school environment and hadn't had much interaction with children her own age or spent many periods of time away from me. They went completely out of their way to accommodate our needs. She quickly identified her favourite teachers who she could go to with her concerns and I know they will be sorely missed when she leaves. She has absolutely loved it, the environment is lovely too set back from a main road, with a private garden for use in the warmer months/when its not wet. I've never heard any parents there be anything other than happy their child has the place they have. I wouldn't hesitate to send another child there should be opportunity come up in the future and we were still in the area.

Happy to answer concerns via PM too.

I really wasn't happy with it at all for a number of reasons, but my children went there a hundred years ago (13) :) Though some of the reasons I pulled them out were still in evidence 6 years ago when I was last looking for nurseries. I'm happy to explain further but would rather do it offlist as I feel it's only fair to the nursery - it only being my opinion after all, based on events that happened to me a while ago.

Feel free to PM me for my experience if you'd like.

My daughter currently goes there and she is doing really well. She always has lots to talk about when she get home, is making good friendships and is developing perfectly in every sense. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me!