Brixton soft play - kids parties?

Hi there

Has anyone held a party at Brixton Recreation centre soft play? Just wondering what the costs are like and what you get for your money? know peckham pulse do them but we go there fairly regularly anyway so not sure how 'special' it would be...

or if anyone else has any ideas for what to do for a 5 years olds birthday party (cheap but minimal organisation!) i'd like to hear.

thanks in advance

Blimey have you been to Brixton soft play? Last time I went it was disgusting, the smell was eye-watering. I've heard the Peckham one is far cleaner, so it might be worth firing out a bit more for a clean well maint?ined place.

Thanks for replies everyone

Hazelnunhead - do you mean at CP sports centre? that sounds like a great option thanks!

QueenMab - I've always found brixton SP alright? they're all a bit smelly aren't they really? - but it seemed no worse than any other. (and peckham only recently clean - became quite disgusting there even by my standards!)

Our son had his 6th birthday party at Brixton soft play in March. Certainly didn't notice any smells....

They all had a great time. It worked well for that age group and you get exclusive access (unlike peckham i think?) for one hour plus one hour for the tea. I can't remember the price but think it was just under ?100 maybe.

Main downside is it's difficult to park nearby.