Anyone starting at Goose Green in Sept who's not already at the nursery?

If you have children starting in reception at Goose Green in Sept who don't already go to the nursery, would you like a playdate?

My little girl goes to another school nursery which she loves, so I'm trying to make the transition to a new 'big school' something exciting rather than scary for her. She has friends who go to Goose Green nursery who are also starting reception, but as they'll already know loads of classmates I was wondering if any other newcomers fancied meeting up over the summer...

Dear Verds,

Are you coming to the new reception parents meeting on Wednesday? There are 2 sessions; 2pm or 6pm.

At those meetings you will be able to sign up for stay and play sessions where your daughter will have a chance to meet her classmates to be.

Also the PTA plan a picnic (on the basis that the sun has to shine one day) at the start of the summer and another at the end. These have proved very popular and a good way to make some contacts. The PTA will be at those meetings and happy to chat.

Don't presume that nursery kids will stick together it really isn't like that at all, it's a lovely friendly welcoming place and your little girl will be just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Just bumping this thread after today's amazing school fair - I was so impressed after seeing those GG kids get on stage and sing Little Mix and Cher Lloyd. Anyone else for a playdate before starting in Sept?