Any marital Arts or Boxing classes for kids locally ?

Depends on which aspects of martial arts are taught. Agree that the "fighting" elements shouldn't be taught too early - I believe it sends the wrong message.

I used to teach at a Kung Fu school where classes for kids that young were really all about fun exercise, teaching basic patterns and things like respect for others, etc. including spending a fair bit of time on how violence is never a good thing etc. Any form of contact fighting for competitions etc was only taught to adult members.

Plus, although some martial arts styles have set standards in terms of curriculum, grading etc, schools vary hugely depending on the teachers.

Thank you so much for your replies .

Found a great class on Lordship Lane at the Bapist Church Wednesday from 5.30pm. My son loved it and Daniel the teacher was so good with him despite him being the youngest on that day at the class ( I have been told they do get young ones in , it's a drop in class ?4).

My son certainly isn't too young to know about discipline , respect , and the rest that goes with martial arts .

my son doez the wednesday class with daniel as well, he is brilliant, there are threads on here about him, daniel walters taekwondo, he takes children from 4 years old up wards, come along the first lesson is free, he also does a class on a saturday at 1 oclock at albrighton too......................