Anyone tried microdermabrasion?

I tried it before my wedding, can't see I saw much difference, but I did have it done at a cheapie place (the little spa under the railway arches in Herne Hill). And it didn't help of course that my skin was already flawless to begin with ;-).

I've had Crystal Clear microdermabrasion and thoroughly recommend it. I didn't do a regular course, but about 6 sessions over 2.5 years to improve scarring from spots as a teenager. After each treatment my skin was noticibly smoother - it is the only thing that has ever made a difference and now my scarring is barely visible. Didn't hurt at all - actually very relaxing and feels like your skin is being hoovered. Think it was about ?80 a pop though?

I also tried Crystal Clear but had a mild reaction the mask that was put on afterwards and spent two hours in the salon with a fan on my face as they tried to cool my skin down. My skin flaked quite badly for about a week afterwards but then was actually quite smooth and clear - but not worth going through all that discomfort for.