buggy advice - I need a narrow one that's easy to fold

Hello buggy experts,

I'm using a Micralite Fastfold for my 18 month old and I love it, but with a big sister starting school in Sept I'm going to need something narrow and easy to fold so we can hop on crowded buses quickly.

What's the best stroller that you can push with one hand, fold easily, is comfortable enough for everyday use and doesn't make people tut on the bus? Is there such a thing? Or am I just going to have to practice harder with the Fastfold?

I love my Maclaren buggy for the fact it is narrow and easily foldable - most maclarens are designed just for that, tho I always find I stuff too much in the bottom to fold quickly on buses!

p.s. there is NOTHING that will avoid people tutting on the bus, unless they have kids (and even then...)

We've just returned from Paris where we saw one of these: http://www.bestbuggy.co.uk/category/single/babyzen-yoyo/

We were on a river boat tour and they managed to push it along a rather narrow aisle. It folded flat in 2 easy steps and was so compact when folded it fitted under a seat. It even comes with a shoulder strap for carrying. It looked amazing and if we didn't already have 3 pushchairs of varying styles I would be ordering one pronto!

The Maclaren buggies are all easy to fold. I have a Techno (because it is good from birth) but loads of friends have a Volo, which is much smaller and lighter, but does not recline. I also have a Quinny Zapp, which folds up easily and really small. It does not recline either. All are good on buses, which I use a lot.

To avoid the problem of not being able to fold the buggy because there's too much stuff underneath, I keep everything in a rucksack so you can pull it off the back of the buggy quickly and fold it up without too much hassle. I also accept the inevitable any time around rush-hour and fold the buggy at the bus stop, because there's almost never space for a buggy on any bus routes near me during the school run...

Must admit I've always found my maclaren quite tricky to fold. I hate the way you have to put your foot on the side bit. The easiest folding buggy by far is the baby jogger city mini - slightly bulkier but would still be easy to carry onto a bus with one hand. Can push with one hand too.

You lot are so helpful! I spied a Volo on the bus today and it looks good - tiny. I road tested a Maclaren a while ago, but got annoyed at not being able to push it with one hand, but I may need to sacrifice that luxury to get the two of them on the bus without annoying too many commuters. Will look at theBaby Jogger too, if it's not too pricey.

Any one into product design that wants to go on dragon's den with me? A bar attachment that goes across Mclaren handles so you can steer and push with one hand. I have had this idea for a while, just don't know how to execute it.

I've got a babyzen yoyo, I can fold it in one hand whilst carrying my 1yr old and carry the buggy on my shoulder using the strap like a handbag. Plus when we flew we were able to take it onboard and put it in the overhead locker. It's lightweight, narrow and reclines. It's amazing!

I was a rare person who hated the Maclaren - not being able to push one handed drove me crazy and it also was so tippy if you hung anything on the back. I love the BabyJogger City Mini - only very slightly wider than the Maclaren but still fits on the front door of all buses I've tried and so easy to fold.

I also vote for the Baby Jogger City Mini. Ours went on quite a few bus rides (before we sold it after baby #2) and the one-hand fold is a life saver when you're carrying a baby, bags etc....or even when the buses couldn't take another buggy.

alieh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was a rare person who hated the Maclaren - not

> being able to push one handed drove me crazy and

> it also was so tippy if you hung anything on the

> back. I love the BabyJogger City Mini - only very

> slightly wider than the Maclaren but still fits on

> the front door of all buses I've tried and so easy

> to fold.

I haven't used a buggy since my son was very small (he's 17 now), but am pregnant again - due in December... and massively confused by the plethora of buggies/pushchairs/travel systems around!!

I was going to go for a maclaren, and use the carrycot feature that you can attach to the XLR, but the reviews all state that it's only suitable for a couple of months.

I must admit, I've really fallen for the Baby Jogger City Mini... from what I've read and seen. It's super lightweight and can be folded down with one hand. Plus the carrycot attachment is a good 10cm or so longer than the maclaren's.

You can get the Baby Jogger City Mini in 3 or 4 wheel versions, they look nice too... passed a woman in the street wheeling a red one, very snazzy :-)