Is anyone else a writer / media mum working from home?

I get a bit lonely some days, and wonder if making contact with others doing the same job from home as me might help keep the old spirits up. Plus it would be nice to get to know some new writers / media bods.

Yes, I work from home and juggle two small daughters with it. Sometimes I use the bribery of Peppa Pig while I do phone interviews. I really miss being in an office full of funny women chatting about celebrities though! Let me know if I can join a meet-up, especially if it's wine-based...

Hi Verds. I definitely miss the office full of women, and the men for that matter. It's been a while for me now as I went freelance a couple of years before having the boys (3.5 and 17m old now). Another mum has mailed me, who works in music and events. She fancies a daytime meet-up, so less wine, but a bit of a break from the norm. If you fancy it, send me a PM or leave a message.

Hi there - I've just seen your thread - I am a freelance PR/media consultant & miss out on the nice bits of going into a regular job & would be interested in the odd meet up if u want another one!

And me! And me! I'm a freelance wine writer/presenter working from home with a 20 month old girl at nursery Mon & Weds. I have another girl due in Oct, so work's a bit quiet at the mo! I'd love to meet you all.

Sarahew, I'll PM you my email too if that's ok?

Thanks,

Helena

I'm an actress and teacher working from home, didn't do nct or anything so would love to meet some other mums. I have a 9month old girl and am free on monday daytime too. can I join? I'll PM you my email sarahew if I'm not too late to join xxx

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone. Helena, Lorraine and I met up this morning, and had a lovely coffee, croissant and chat about our various working freelance mum experiences. Thanks to Lorraine's husband for providing the venue at Captured in the Rye on Pellat Road. I think we'll meet again, so if any of you would like to come along please leave a note here or PM me.