Childminder hours

Bit of an advance ask this, but can anyone advise me on the hours a childminder will work? I'm expecting my first child in October, and I'm looking into nurseries etc now as I know waiting lists can be horrendous.

I work 12.5 hr shifts (days and nights) and my husband works 8-6, so we're struggling to find nurseries that will be able to accommodate us as we obviously need to allow some time to get to/from work as well. We've found one nursery near my husbands work in central london that we should work for us. However, if they don't have spaces, we're going to be really stuck.

Does anyone know if some childminders will work 7am-7pm? We would only need 2 days a week, and if I'm on nights, our child could be picked up earlier.

Help!

Yes many childminders will offer a longer day . I'm not in ED but found several that were willing to have our daughter until 7 in case of late running trains. This was despite most stating that they finished before this on the council website. I'd try putting an advert on childcare.co.uk.