Holiday advice needed!

Can I pick Forumites' brains on where to go mid-end September with a 3 yo and a 3 mo. Requirements are:

- warmish 25 degrees type heat

- not more than 3 hours flight

- nice beaches but with other stuff to do too

- not high rise resort type place

Was thinking maybe Sardinia / corsica but don't know anyone who's been!

Much of the Med should still be pleasant at that time of year, so you should be fine but you might want go a bit more South than your initial thoughts just in case.

Malta should be nice and there's loads to do for an ickle place.

Take your pick of the greek islands, something for everyone though they're just over the 3 hours threshold.

Only guaranteed good weather would be the Canaries but 4 hours. Lots to do activity wise but they tend to be a bit resorty and dull if quaint, historic, walking etc are your bag.

How about around Almeria, a nice roman town, cabo de gata has some of the best unspoilt beaches around and it's the sunniest spot in Europe too!

Montenegro is fabulous but may be a bit hot but loads to do and see, no high rise at all around the bay of Kotor - 2 world heritage cities in the area, etc etc. The beach area further south is much more touristy in summer though..

- for really good 'off the beaten track' suggestions check out my post from last year as I got some really good replies from other people on the forum.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,672580,1132348#msg-1132348

We went to Sardinia in April this year and was just perfect. I imagine it would be roasting in Aug but probably still mid 20s in Sept.

We stayed here - http://www.justsardinia.co.uk/accommodation/37/Residence-Lantana/. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Pool, play park, free ride to the beach (1km away) whenever we wanted, ability to order take out meals from the restuarant AND amazingly helpful and friendly staff who didn't mind a small toddler loon running amok.

If you want to go more off the beaten track then Minitoots's thread is your guide. We went to Montenegro in Sept a while ago and would fit all of your criteria but the beaches are rocky rather than sandy.

We went to hotel bouganvilla in as coma Majorca. It was fantastic for kids. No high rise its all 2 story little blocks sat in lovely gardens. Looks like a Mediterranean village. There is 6 pools 3 of which are perfect for kids paddling. Big splash zone in the main pool. And in the evening there is a big top with kids disco Etc. loved it, we had 1 bed apartment but there is 2 bed ones and studios which still sleep 3.

Fridge and 2 rings in each room so you can either self cater but there is restaurant that you can pay to go in 12E for all you can eat or there is lovely restaurants 10 mins walk away. Beach is great and there is free land train down or it's about 15 mins walk. I walked up and down no problem and I was 6 months pregnant at the time. Nice walk along front to next resort. Little supermarkets etc. not huge and commercial like next resort along.

If you look into this the only negative I would say is def email hotel direct and ask to be in a room away from big top. We were fine but friends who came with us was kept awake as they were close to big top. We had requested quiet room. We went in September and it was pleanty warm enough and only one f of drizzle but still very warm.

Another vote for montenegro or croatia. We were there for 2 weeks at the end of last September with a then 18 month old and 3.5 year old. We flew to Dubrovnik then drove to Kotor bay in Montenegro for the first week. Not a high rise in sight, mostly pebbley beaches around the bay but you can drive to sandy ones. For the second week we went back to Dubrovnik and went by ferry to a tiny island called Lopud which is about an hour away. It was beautiful, really peaceful, no cars on the island and sandy beaches. We flew with Monarch and booked apartments via Owners Direct. The weather was perfect.

Nice, south of france... there just happens to be 2 adult and one child ticket for sale!!!!!

gotta try, offers gratefully accepted, to contribute towards a later holiday as we cant make that it on 19th as planned.....;)))))