Summer activities suggestions?

Hello,

We've recently moved to East Dulwich (just off Forest Hill Road, near Peckham Rye Park) and I'd love to hear from other parents with suggestions for activities over the summer holidays for a 3 year old and 10 month old. If the weather stays like this I imagine we'll continue to hang out in various parks every day - but in case not, what's good to do and is suitable for 0-5yrs so I can take both of my little ones along? In our previous area, most of the children's centre/community centre type activities closed throughout the school holidays - is it the same here?

Thanks!

Hi abc2013,

There are plenty of activities for toddler and baby in the area.

Try to contact a sure start children centre to have a list of the activities available.

I have a newborn baby and we go to a babies play group on the wednesdays but I know that one other day is open to toddlers as well. It is on Ivydale Road Children Centre.

I plan to open myself a latin rythms babies group to dance and have fun with your baby. Toddlers are welcome too. Basically it will be a class to have a great workout with other mums and you carry your baby in a sling or carrier at the same time to share the rythms with them.

i can keep you updated on that class if you want. i opened a thread called latin rythms for babies on the forum. just add a comment and you will received the information about it.

Have a nice evening !

Xs Aglo

Have you tried the Peckham One o'clock club yet? I think it may be called Peckham Playroom now - it's the shed thing near P Rye cafe and has loads of toys. It's a good one to keep a baby and pre-schooler happy. Not sure of opening hours, but I think they said they would be opening all day over the hols. Oh, and welcome to the area!

You could also try the Dish and Spoon on Cheltenham road - not far from Peckham Rye Park (little cafe, with childrens play area) .... you will meet plenty of mums/dads/carers and children there .... they also advertise lots of local things happening, and have the local magazine which also lists events/activities etc in the area.

Meant to add that Southwark puts out a Family information Directory that lists all activities by date, ages, venues etc. you can find it online at www.southwark.gov.uk/directory. Most of what they list are free as well.

Or you can try www.southwark.gov.uk/family info or call them on 0800 013 0639.

Ah that sounds really handy too, thanks, I'll have a look. Have also been to a couple of the Horniman's Busy Bees song/story telling sessions which are good for both ages & ideal with a trip to the beautiful gardens. They're running various sessions through the summer holidays too.