Anyone taken baby to Maldives?

lulu

Hiya

I haven't taken my daughter but I have worked in travel for 8 years selling holidays to the Maldives (have also been twice pre kids) so ask away! Have you seen any in particular? And do you have an idea in kind regarding price. Ie 4 or 5 star...

It's my favourite place in the whole wide world, although we haven't taken our 2.5 yo yet as we missed the opportunity to take her when she couldn't fidget on the plane. I'd definitely go to one of the resorts that is easy to walk around and that has a dedicated kids club (even if you don?t want to put your child into the kids club, you know the resort is set up to cater for kids). We?ve stayed at the Conrad, which would be ok with a little one and we saw a small baby there, and Soneva Fushi, which wouldn?t be so good with a baby because you have to get around the island on bikes. Our friends went to Huvafen Fushi with a couple of babies and I only heard good reports. In terms of routes, I think only BA fly direct which would probably be preferable with a baby. We went with Emirates and changed planes in Dubai. Have a great time. I am so jealous.

Hello, I haven't a clue about resorts bu I need one which can provide baby kit e.g sterilisation stuff, cot but also has facilities for grown ups e.h spa would be nice. Also when is a good time to go? I don't want to go when it's super hot.

Also very jealous. We went on our honeymoon and haven't been since. We stayed at Lily Beach which was great, and all inclusive (but amazing - not like going all inclusive elsewhere). There were people with kids there, that were very happy, but was quite small so no kids club (that I can remember - it was pre-kids). Diving school was amazing (our main consideration at the time - we went every day). and the reef on the island was amazing too (you could snorkel). Spa was lovely, food was off the clock, staff were great.

We went BA who flew direct (you obviously then took the sea plane, but while you wait you are in the resorts own lounge which is great).

So so jealous, tis amazing.

I went Conrad 2 years ago wow wow wow i just wish i could get back there:( we went prior to having children however there were children on the island.

It was a long flight and then little waiting around to get the seaplane however the complimentary message and refreshments went down well.

Im also jealous

I lived there a few years ago - pre children but if I were going to go back now with baby I would consider the transfer to the resort as well as the resort itself. Transferring by seaplane will involve waiting around for longer after your 9 hr flight but gives you access to further away resorts and can be quicker than some speedboat transfers but the speedboat transfers will be for your flight so as soon as everyone going to your island is out of baggage reclaim and through customs the boat will go.

Sri Lankan also used to fly direct - I don't know if they still do or if the planes stop in Colombo on the way. Emirates and Qatar were the other options but they have a change involved.

The weather is pretty constantly hot although it is often wetter in our Summer months but that can vary between a short tropical shower in the afternoon and a few full days of monsoon rain. The sea also gets rougher at those times which will not affect the beaches as they are protected by the reefs but will affect your transfers and any trips out of the resort you wanted to do.

My memories of resorts is probably out of date - I know a couple have changed names, I went to a few while I was there but all of them were fantastic in different ways. The beaches are fabulous but the most impressive part is under the water and if you can arrange it so that you can do some dives or snorkelling you will not regret it!