Peckham Rye Adventure Playground

Belle

I have kids aged 9, 6 and 3 who enjoy both. But we have visited DKH more and had birthdays there too. Although we don't have major preferences I do find that the facilities in DKH are a bit more dated, but the indoor space is bigger than the one in Peckham. I have had some unsavoury encounters with other children who are shall we say "not so nice" in DKH as opposed to Peckham which did put me off going to DKH for a while, which was a shame...I'm talking 6 year olds bullying and swearing and that's at me not the children!

Yes as number 2 found apparently from next week no under 5s will be allowed on any of the play structures. We had fun today with a group of 4 and 2.5 year olds - a shame it will be a while before we can go again!!

Oh - just to add - I thought it was easier to keep track of everyone than dkh - just better visibility and fewer dark corners.

Given DKH and Peckham Rye clearly state 8+ (or 5+ on some parts of Southwark website relating Peckham Rye) on their websites I don't understand why people so keen to thrust much younger children in there. Plenty of, adventurous, playspaces available for younger children and why should older children in Adventure playgrounds designed for them have to look out for, and in some instances have their play restricted by, 2, 3, 4, 5 year olds?

vesti Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Given DKH and Peckham Rye clearly state 8+ (or 5+

> on some parts of Southwark website relating

> Peckham Rye) on their websites I don't understand

> why people so keen to thrust much younger children

> in there. Plenty of, adventurous, playspaces

> available for younger children and why should

> older children in Adventure playgrounds designed

> for them have to look out for, and in some

> instances have their play restricted by, 2, 3, 4,

> 5 year olds?

Could be something to do with having more than one child to cater for rather than 'thrusting' them in there lol! Try separating my was 4 now 5-year old from his 8-year old brother for example! Most people monitor and look after the younger ones and keep them on few more suitable areas of the PR one or just on the grassy areas anyway so as to avoid 'restricting' the play of older ones.

snowboarder Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes as number 2 found apparently from next week no

> under 5s will be allowed on any of the play

> structures. We had fun today with a group of 4 and

> 2.5 year olds - a shame it will be a while before

> we can go again!!

>

> Oh - just to add - I thought it was easier to keep

> track of everyone than dkh - just better

> visibility and fewer dark corners.

Its always great to hear feedback on the playground. Whilst we state 8 plus, this is when children are left unnatended.

We welcome under 5's as many parents come with a mixture of ages & some kids who have been coming from when they were babies even so are used to the structures & space. We love having the mothers in with their babes in arms!

I know we are in need of un updated building, I regularly day dream about how wonderful one would be! Be great to have your email addresses so i could get an idea of what facilities you would like to see.

Sorry for those that have experienced rude children.

Feel free to message us anytime

Kate x

I love DKH Adventure Playground! When we've been my son hasn't really paid any attention to the building, he's been interested purely in the outdoors stuff, but can see for older kids partiuclarly it could come into its own.