Starting St John's and St Clements in September? Info please!

We are very happy to have just been offered a place for September at St. John's obviously we don't have any information re start dates or anything thus far. Has anyone got a child starting reception who knows when/ how they start and how they settle them in? Thank you!!

Hi

We have children already there and you should have heard before now unless you were a late offer? All schools ( we were elsewhere for elders first 2 years) give short time scales. There is normally a (IMO) quite protracted settling period but you will find it difficult now to find out about as they are on holiday. Miss Harwood is the leader for early years and is very good. I'll probably see you in the playground

Thanks Mumra and JDR. We were only offered the place on Friday and I knew it would be hard to get information for at least the next couple of weeks. I might ring the school next week on the off chance that there's someone in the office.

On another matter, where would I be able to buy the uniform? Am I right in thinking it's a white polo shirt and school sweatshirt.

Thanks so much for your help. We're really pleased to have the place!

You can buy anything with a badge on from the school office, but you can just buy any grey trousers and white polo shirts. Blue or black shoes. Track suit bottoms are allowed in Reception as well. Yes, Miss Harwood is the lady who would send out the info and as JDR says, she is very good but probably on holiday now until first week back, so someone in the office may help.

Great info. Thank you! We already had grey trousers for the other uniform. I have to say I'm a little concerned about whit polo shirts. You should see the state he comes home from nursery in - I've always avoided white like the plague! Thank goodness they're cheap at sainsburys!

Re the uniform, children can wear white or blue polo shirts, so don't panic!

Term starts on Thursday 5th September( though probably not for Reception), Tuesday & Wednesday are INSET days so I'm sure you will be able to speak to someone in the office then about the settling in arrangements. From what I remember they usually have a week of mornings, followed by a week of mornings plus lunch, but this may have changed. Hopefully someone with an info pack will pop up on here and let you know the timescale for this year.

Only the sweatshirt / cardigan needs the school badge. You can buy all 3 items from the school i.e. sweatshirts with the badge, cardigans with the badge or just the badges (iron-on or sew-on ones) to put on jumpers / cardigans bought elsewhere.

The school polo shirts with the badge on are cute but many children have plain polo shirts.

For anyone starting reception don't rush out and get the PE kit - they just take their shoes and socks off for the first term and don't do getting changed PE until after Christmas.

The school office will be rammed the first official day back for the majority of children (5th Sept) but should be quieter with a receptionist available on the Tues and Weds before this.