Camping in Spain

Has anyone been?

I'm thinking ahead somewhat, but trying to find a family holiday that won't bankrupt us in the school holidays next year. I'm beginning to accept that whilst something like a neilson beach club would be ideal, we can nowhere near afford it!! So I'm thinking maybe one of the european centre parc type camp sites might work....? But I've never really camped...and need running water or I'll be miserable....

So I think we need a lodge or mobile home type pitch rather than an actual tent. And by a beach would be nice...

Anyone been to either of these - La Torre de la mora, or La torre del sol (not the same place as I first thought!). Any other suggestions? I don't understand why there is a camp site own web site, then the same camp site mentioned on other websites too...which is best to book through? Or any other ideas for budget fun?

IF it's like the French ones, you tend to get better deals if booking directly with the site rather than via operators like Keycamp/Eurocamp. But you won't then get the English speaking kids clubs and you will be in the general accommodation rather than an area which is predominantly British. (You may see that as a plus or a negative.) In France we got better caravan/pitch by booking direct.

For young kids, I found the set-up ideal - pools and a beach and within reach of a few nice towns/villages was all we needed.

But not been to any Spanish ones I'm afraid. Would be good to hear if they're any good.

We went to noja on north coast with venue holidays - fly to either Bilbao or Santander (or do ferry if you have time). Can't recommend it highly enough. It's warm but not blistering and very green (with it being the Costa Verde). Worked out cheaper than going direct to site for some reason

We went to camping cypsela on the costa brava a few years ago. Lovely part of Spain, not too many Brits and gorgeous coast. Just about drivable in a day from caen if you go hell for leather! It's got eurocamp, keycamp etc on site but like nunhead mum says, cheaper to book one of site sites own cabins. Also second half of august tends to be a bit cheaper