Phil & Ted's double on a plane - do we have to have a bag?

We are going to the US this weekend and have just decided that I'd really like to take the P&T instead of the Maclaren as we'll be doing quite a bit travelling about and I know both kids will get tired at the same time! I know you can take a P&T, but can you do it without any kind of carry bag? Obviously it would fold down, but then what happens to the back seat that pops off? Do you just give them both bits? I just don't have the time (or want to spend the money) to buy a bag. Please tell me it will all be okay!

It depends on the airline I'm flying to the us with united and if the pram folds in one piece I can drop it at the gate. However we are taking our bugaboo cameleon it folds in two pieces so we need a bag and have to check it in with luggage For free so that's good.

We have flown with easyjet with the phil and teds several times and never had any problems, at the departure end you just take the push chair to the gate and they they take it away. The problem tends to be at the other end, having to walk for ages to get to the luggage belt so you need a sling. To be honest I have always found easy jet very helpful when travelling with small children, BA much less so.