Rugby Classes for little boy - advice needed

Hi,

Looking for some advice / recommendations for Rugby Classes for my little boy. He is 2 and a half, really active and full of beans (like all 2 yr olds!)

So we thought he'd enjoy rugby. Having done a quick search online and there are so many options, so would love any recommendations that people may have.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

Liz

Pebbles and J-mo, do little girls attend to these too? We are interested for our little girl who is 2y2mo. One of my work colleagues trains / coaches London welsh junior team and he has invited our daughter to join but they are all the way in Richmond so couldn't commit yet.

Thanks

I second Ruggerbeez- a real fun set up, we've been going for a few weeks and I love how coaches manage teaching skills (like kicking) in such a fun & games way. I tried another one in Nunhead, which was fine but less energy....Yes, they do teach girls, too.

• 5 months later...

Hi

Is Ruggerbeez still running? Their website has been useless since xmas.

Anyone have experience of comparing them to the other mini-rugby offerings: rugger-tots, rugby munchkins etc?

DC Jnr turns 2 at the end of this month and keen to get him outdoors and getting some exercise on a weekend morning.

They are try time rugby now. Still the same people running it. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. They are totally engaged with the kids, make it all fun (even in the grim downpours and thunder on Sat my son was smiling). We have been going since my son was 3 (I think maybe just before but there are real littleys there) now five. Recently moved up to the older group which has been great also. I love how into it the kids are.

http://www.trytimekidsrugby.com

we tried mini strawbs with try time on the weekend (he is 27m) and I felt it was too old for him so am going to try him again in the summer. Mini strawbs hasnt quite grasped listening and following directions as yet that well so i ended up running all over the park with him at 34w pregnant in the rain and mud (hadnt counted on that!) so we ended up going an playing in the puddles instead which he was just as happy with. I am going to put him in to little kickers indoor football until I feel he is a bit more ready for the rugby which I am guessing will be more like 3.

We tried son 1 with little kickers at a similar age to mini strawbs. He spent all the classes as far away from the other children as possible demanding snacks and lying with his face on the floor. On the plus side we weren't running around in the mud but still not one of my fondest parenting moments. Glad it isn't just us who struggle with instructions.

Hi - we started the rugby when LO was 2.5 and it took a good few sessions before he got into it, listening and following instructions etc. This was in the summer - so much easier, I definitely think: this cold, muddy, wet weather makes it much harder (on all of us!)... so maybe wait 'till the weather picks up? [whenever that is...]