Asquith Peckham Rye: most expensive local nursery?

muppet19

Fees have just gone up to a crazy ?79.80 per day for Under 2's and ?74.75 for Over 2's.

Much is made of the fact it is rated Outstanding by Ofsted but surely not every Outstanding nursery charges this much?

Am interested to know as this seems far too high to pay.

Think gumboots is about ?50 for over 2s but is a community nursery ( and outstanding at recent inspection)

That new ish one at The Elms on Peckham rye is about ?85 for under 2s I think... Big disparities but I guess they. An charge what they like due to lack of spaces vs kids in the area

• 3 weeks later...
The fees are ridiculous every year they raise the fee. I over heard the staff complaining about it say they don't even get half the money they are ripping these people off the garden is run down the nursery need more resources were does the money go in management pocket and the head boss while we buss our asses off looking after the children and doing all the work.

We had our first child at Asquiths (?78/day) and then she moved to The Villa (?55/day). Our second goes to My Favourite Nursery (?46/day). I would say completely honestly that we get much more in terms of both care and her development at both The Villa and My Favourite Nursery than we did at Asquiths, so yes I think it is far too high to pay