Need ideas - birthday party for a 7year old boy

enjoy

Dear Forumites,

I need you help regarding ideas for my son's party.

He's turning 7 and wants to invite the whole class.

Magician, clown ... not his thing.

Maybe streetdance?

He is dreaming of horse riding or go-cart, but that's just not

on for 20 kids.

Last year hubby and l did the entertainment for the gang, but

our offspring wants something cool (not his parents).

Ideas that won't break the bank?

How about a pizza and cupcake party? The kids can make their own pizza's toppings and decorate their own cupcakes.

Or something else craftsy, you can get loads of bits from local craft shops/pound shops and The Works and the kids can make things to their hearts content. You can get cheap plates from Ikea and ceramic paints and let the kids create master pieces and you wont have to worry about party favours as they can take all their creations home!

Best of luck whatever you do!

Hi - just saw your post and thought I'd share details of the entertainer we had at my son's 7th birthday party yesterday (I have just recommended him in the classified section):

We booked James from Press Play (http://www.pressplay.org.uk/) for my son's 7th 'circus skills' birthday party. James was absolutely fantastic and I really wanted to recommend him on here. James kept 25 children enthralled and entertained for 2 hours and everyone had a go at everything from peackcock feather balancing, pedal-go riding, diabaolo, juggling, plate-spinning, and scarf juggling.

James was highly entertaining, great at building confidence in the kids and managed to keep them completely absorbed in the activities the whole way through. He was also very funny which is always a bonus! Even the adults couldn't resist joining in. Contact details are on his website above. Just brilliant - Thanks James!!

Thank you for all your recommendations - keep them coming!

Regarding the DKHP, read it's open for kids from 8 years onwards. My group will be between 6 and 7 years old.

Will they accept that?

And will they open the playground for a party at a weekend?

I guess I should just call them, but if anybody knows ...