Baby & Child Photography - ShutterBaby Photography

Char14

If anyone is looking for a local baby or child photographer - then I can recommend ShutterBaby - www.shutterbaby.co.uk

Tel: 07958 734 184

Sara-Jane is based in Herne Hill and will come to your house for a photo shoot with your newborn or toddler. We wanted to capture some pictures of our 8 day old son without actually venturing out to a studio. Sara-Jane arrived on time and spent three and a half hours with us (in-between feeds!) to try and capture the right shots of our baby and our new family. Unfortunately he wasn't very keen on sleeping (when some of the best shots are taken) so Sara-Jane came back later in the afternoon when he was finally asleep - true perseverance! The results were well worth the long session - we couldn't decide which pictures to purchase so we got all 30!!! Sara-Jane was professional, easy to book and a pleasure to deal with. Double thumbs up!!

Can I just jump on the end of this to second how fantastic Sara-Jane is.

She has taken pictures of my daughter twice (6 months) and my 6 year old, once. The first time I walked away feeling convinced that my then 18 week old had just wasted the photo time as she has been particularly grumpy. How wrong was I! Sara-Jane produced the most gorgeous pictures of my grump, who was then signed (on the back of the photos) to an agency's for tv/modelling work.

Needless to say, we went back for another shoot with our two children and decided to do it in Dulwich Park. I walked away again, worried that we hadn't quite captured the children at their best, but again - shouldn't have worried. Sara-Jane has captured the MOST beautiful pictures I've ever seen of my two, and I'm having to sit on my hands to not share them yet and post them on Facebook (as I'm going to give some as presents to grandparents!) - very difficult for an over sharer like me ;)

Sara-Jane had SO much patience with our 2 and a great eye, she is just so talented. Book a session, you absolutely will NOT be disappointed.

i'd also like to say Sara-Jane was fantastic with our 7 month old, and had such patience with him that he even learnt how to sit up unaided during the course of the afternoon shoot! The photos are absolutely gorgeous and we had such a fun afternoon with Sara-Jane, who was very professional whilst being very relaxed - she was confident she would get some nice pictures eventually and she was right! No idea how we are going to choose which photos to buy - they are all stunning.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to add another recommendation for Sara-Jane. She photographed my son last year at the Dish and Spoon cafe and I was so happy with the photos that I arranged a family photo shoot recently to coincide with 4 generations of my family getting together.

The photos she produced on both occasions were really natural and beautiful and she is really terrific with little ones. My son could hardly be described as cooperative but somehow she managed to get fabulous images of him on both occasions and really captured his personality. The photos are now greatly treasured and I wouldn't hesitate to book Sara-Jane again. Her prices are really good value too. I think all too often Mums are the photographers for the family and not in any pictures so it is really worth getting someone talented like Sara-Jane to capture you all together as a group.

• 2 weeks later...

We just had the lovely experience of Sara-Jane taking a family photograph of us and our two children (aged 5 and 2). After 6 years of being a family, we realised we didn't have one picture with all of us in it. Mainly down to the fact that we can never get all 4 of us looking good and at the camera. So Sara-Jane rose to the challenge and took a series of beautiful pictures of the children and of all of us together.

We were so happy with the end result and cant wait to print the pics and have them in our family home. We will also be printing extra copies for the grandparents as they will make great gifts!

If like us, you don't have any family pictures then I urge you to book Sara-Jane for a shoot in the comfort of your home. She is AMAZING with children (she even bought treats as rewards) and great with adults (we are fussy. Sara-Jane will capture some beautiful images for you to enjoy and share with your loved ones.

We are so happy with her service, we will be booking in another photo-shoot with the grandparents next time.

Happy to thoroughly endorse Sara-Jane as well. We chose her after reading these reviews and seeing some of her photos from one of our friends. She came round to our house and stayed for 3 hours ensuring we captured all the shots we wanted. She was having fun too and the whole thing was very relaxed (Personally I had thought this sort of thing would be awful but got over-ruled by my wife!)

We got a single sample photo emailed to us later that day and after choosing what package we wanted, received the CD with the images with just a few days. It was difficult to pick a favorite from the portfolio she produced as they were all wonderful. We were very impressed with the whole service and will certainly book her again should the occasion arise. More than happy to recommend her to friends and family.

• 4 weeks later...

Another happy customer from Sara-Jane!

I can honestly say we are absolutely thrilled at the results of our shoot on Saturday. Sara-Jane made us feel completely at ease, was great with our little one and the photos have come out brilliantly.

I can't recommend her highly enough.

Hi all, I booked Sara-Jane from Shutterbaby to take some photos of my family on the back of these reviews. My husband was dreading it, I was feeling very frumpy and unprepared since I booked it on the spur of the moment and our three year old was in a vile mood when she arrived. But Sara-Jane managed to win him over, get the two of us to relax and she got some lovely photos. I would definitely recommend her.

• 4 weeks later...

After reading reviews on here plus doing my own research I booked Sarah-Jane for some maternity shots before having my baby. Even though its not her main stay, she did a fantastic job and produced some great pictures. The thing that really struck me with Sarah-Jane is her keenness to listen and understand what it is you want as a client.

I felt comfortable and at ease, so booking for our baby shoot was a no brainer. She was incredibly patient when our littl'n wouldn't stop crying for the whole session, and really worked in different poses and positions that worked for us.

• 3 months later...
We found Sara-Jane of Shutterbaby Baby and Child Photography (www.shutterbaby.co.uk) through a google search. She was fantastic and patient with our daughter, Isabelle. Sara-Jane stayed with us for as long as was necessary to get some amazing photos. We were planning on getting a few prints but loved all of them so decided to get a CD. We would really recommend booking a newborn photoshoot with Sara-Jane. The experience was defiantly a fun one!

• 3 weeks later...

We recently asked Sara-Jane of ShutterBaby Photogaphy to take some photos of our 12 month old - she has a lovely manner and is incredibly good at judging when to take a break. We are thrilled with the photos which capture our little one's personality. We received our prints quickly and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her.

www.Shutterbaby.co.uk

• 7 months later...
We were given a voucher for a photo shoot and images with Sara-Jane of Shutterbaby photography for my sons christening. She was great, very relaxed when the boys were less than fully cooperative and managed to get some sweet photos of them.She was very easy to make arrangements with and understood what I wanted. All in all a great present.

Sara-Jane recently did a photoshoot with our newborn son Reuben when he was 17 days old - she was great! Reuben was a fussy model on the day, wanting a feed every 10mins but Sara-Jane was very patient and knew how to keep him calm when he was getting a bit grumpy.

The experience was great, the photos are gorgeous and we would recommend Shutterbaby 100% - http://www.shutterbaby.co.uk/

Michele x

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well for privacy purposes I won't tell on the EDF but he was very nice and his daughter was a cutie?. pics were a surprise pressie for mummy for Mother's Day :-)

Now it's Father's Day which is coming up so if anyone wants some beautiful photos for dad or grandad visit http://www.shutterbaby.co.uk for details or call me on 07958 734184. And remember you get 20% discount on a session if you have a Live Love Local card :-) I can also offer mini sessions in the park, call or email [email protected] for details.

• 4 months later...
We found Sara-Jane and ShutterBaby Photography on the forum and totally agree with all the recommendations, Sara-Jane is lovely, relaxed, takes all the time you need with your baby (as many breaks for feeding/nappy changes etc as you need), and we ended up with some brilliant photos of our baby. Highly recommended if you want some great photos of your newborn. Website is www.shutterbaby.co.uk

Hi there,

I just wanted to add my recommendation of Sara Jane from Shutterbaby. She is fantastic, so patient with my 9 days old baby girl. She was able to take some brilliant photos including some lovely ones, baby and her sister. We weren't rush allowing time for feeding and changing. Sara Jane has a calming, friendly attitude and I will definitely be having another session!

Thank you Sara Jane

• 4 weeks later...
Shutterbaby are always doing different offers which vary month to month. My package was the summer 20% off the studio fee which I did not have to post to receive. I can say I was genuinely very happy with the service and I have such lovely photos to prove it, check out the website!

Archived