Spring babies 2014 (due March, April, May)

Hi all. Congrats to everyone. I am pregnant with my 2nd child due in march.. My son will be 2.5 then so it will be interesting!! I'm away in turkey on holidays at the moment so will catch up when I am back, would love to meet up!! I was dreadfully sick with my son for the whole time but have been fine with this one so far so fingers crossed it stays that way!! Xx

Evenings works best for me, I work 5 days and also have a toddler so after he is in bed is probably the only time I can actually sit and have a conversation with people haha.. When I was part of the autumn thread when pregnant with my son we used to meet at the actress for dinner I think it was once a month (but it may have been fortnightly, I cant remember) so that is always an option to get a regular thing going. x

Hi ladies,

No2. is due in March also, when no1. will be 23 months. Id love to meet up too, evenings after 7, friday with toddler in tow or weekend work for me. Hopefully we can work something out that suits most people.

Looking forward to it.

hi Kittenheels, nope havent started anything and doubt I will this time around. I hear there are some fab preg yoga classes in ED though so I'd check the forum out.

For the 2nd time mums - is anyone doing the NCT refresher? I made some fantastic mum friends from my original NCT course who I still see regularly, I was thinking maybe of doing the refresher from a perspective of meeting more mum friends rather than actually learning anything new.

x

Hi all

I am also expecting baby number two at the end of March (when my little girl will be nearly 3) and would love to join a meet up. I am at home on Mondays - but an evening meet up would work well for me too.

I did Pregnancy Pilates classes at lunchtime in the city with my first pregnancy so I might look into doing that again once (if?) I get a bit of energy back! I also found swimming was a really nice form of exercise in later pregnancy because you get a lovely feeling of weightlessness.

I'm trying to find a pregnancy pilates clas, Frankie29 where abouts in the City did you do yours? I tried yoga at JAGS the first time round, but found it a bit boring (maybe used the class I went to?). JAGS used to do a pregnancy aerobics class which was great, but that seems to have stopped. I definitely want to do something though.

Strawbs, I agree an NCT refresher would be great for meeting some other mums as I made some lovely friends on my first course, but I don't think my hubby would be too excited to go along again! I made some great friends on the Spring babies thread a couple of years ago that I still see regularly, so hopefully won't feel the need to do NCT as well this time.

Hi everyone

It looks like evenings work best for everyone, I am happy to arrange our first meetup. If Lordship Lane suits everyone we could go to ToastED (I've not been before so I don't know what it's like, but I hear it's nice). Or if anyone would prefer a different location/place let me know.

Wednesday or Thursday nights are good for me, shall we try a Wednesday night in mid to late October, say 16th or 23rd Oct?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hey sct, thanks for offering to organising. The 16th sadly is no good for me but hopefully the 23rd works for all ?

I haven't been to ToastED yet either so that sounds great. At least it?s not too big, I did hear a story of another forum baby group meeting in the actress and because they didn?t know what each other looked like half the group was sitting on one side the pub while the other were around the corner all night and both groups were puzzled why only half the people showed up he he he he.

Looks like there?s only 7 of us so far, looking forward to it.

Hi everyone

I'm expecting baby number 2 on 14 March when my son will be just over 3 years old. Would love to meet up but unfortunately my other half is traveling for those 3 dates so will hope to see you all at the next one!

Frankie29 - I'd also be really interested in a recommendation for Pilates in the city if you don't mind sharing.

Strawbs- I've bitten the bullet and booked the nct refresher, from what I can see it's only one session pre and one post birth, and not for partners (which is just as well as I don't think mine would attend again!). Like you've said really to meet other second time mums but looks like there's a good number on this thread already!

Dibden, such a great day for a birthday isn't it?! Hope mine comes on the exact due date!

I did some pregnancy yoga at tri-yoga last time, it's just off carnaby street so not really the city but was still a good class, think I'd like to do a local one this time to meet some new faces.

I'm thi king about nct refresher too, maybe we'll all be on the same one!

The class I did was this one at the St Brides Institute just off Fleet Street: http://thecentredbody.co.uk/ante-and-post-natal/pregnancy-pilates.php

It was very low impact but quite a nice relaxing way to spend a lunchtime!

Slightly embarassingly I feature in the photos on the website but I promise I am not connected at all to Jacqueline who runs the courses (and is lovely) - she just happened to use our class to take some photos for her website!

I can't do 23/24th but I can do 17th - general consensus should obviously win out, I can always join the next meet up. I have been to ToastED - it is very nice, but not sure how pregnancy friendly their menu is - I seem to remember eating raw egg and mouldy cheese when we went earlier in the year and my husband had liver! - but that may have just been the menu at the time and me not focussing on the other options!

I'm going to look into the NCT refresher as well - sounds like it might be a nice way to focus on the new baby!

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations all!

I'm expecting no.2 at the beginning of May, my son will be 2.5 then so it's going to be a FUN time... Eeeek! I've been feeling pretty queasy and fatigued so I'm hoping by my second trimester I'll get my energy back. I'd love to meet up with you all and I'm free on the suggested dates. I met a friend for lunch in ToastED last weekend and it was very enjoyable, I'd definitely go back.

Thanks for the Pilates info, I work just off of Fleet Street so I'll check it out.

Really looking forward to meeting you all.

Rachel

Hello!

I'm expecting my first baby very early on in April and would love to meet up with you all too. I'll wait to see what date you choose, I can do the 17th but I'm away 23/24th for work.

Hope you're all well and are into the feel good phase of pregnancy!

Debbie

x

Hi everyone

Looks like the 17th is a better date for most of us. Strawbs, Jimnem, Emma does that evening work for you?

I'll give ToastED a call later today or tomorrow to book and I'll let you know when it's confirmed.

x

Hi sorry, in theory yes so put me down on the list but it will depend ultimately on the night if my partner gets home from work on time, what time was everyone thinking of meeting up? I wouldnt be able to make it before 8pm but happy obv for people to meet earlier and I'll meet you there when I can. x (agree with the menu on at toastED, its lovely but Ive only eaten there not pregnant and even then I remember having to order the lamb as the rest was cheese, ham and fish and that was ?20 on its own, their bread, cheese and ham is gorgeous though). x