Goverment set for u-turn over swine flu jab

TE44

Laurahw, No I thought it would be of interest to some people,

as bodsier says above.Regardless whether you may think I have "an axe to grind"

This is something beingg reported in the news based on facts not speculation,

making it irrelevant who the OP is,

Hi smiler, its a u-turn over the connection with glaxo, smith and klines swine flu vaccine with narcolepsy. If

you google the title of this thread adding narcolepsy, then telegraph, although lots of reporting of it. Sorry

i'd do a summary myself but probably best to read it yourself.

Totally agree that it's good to have all the information and make informed choices. So long as the information is accurate, up to date and unbiased. (on that basis I wish I hadn't bothered clicking on the second link)

To summarise the telegraph piece - 4 families claimed for compensation because they believed their child developed narcolepsy because of the swine flu jab. Their claim was turned down initially but new evidence suggests that the condition could have been caused by the jab so the government have contacted them about this (that's the u-turn). There could be about 100 other similar cases and it could cost a lot in compensation although there is an argument over if the condition is severe enough to fall under the government scheme.

So basically, all routine vaccinations carry a very small chance of side effects. The government didn't think narcolepsy was one of those side effects but it altered it's opinion when presented with good evidence.

The adjjuvant (a substance that enhances the bodys immune response to an antigen),

In the swine flu vaccine was Os03=oil based squalene, these vaccines are banned in US.

Hence the second link above.

CDC centers for disease control is currently sponsoring an an international study

on the association between adjuvanted monvalent 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine and

narcolepsy.The study is expected to be completed in 2014.