Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation
xxxx
www.lorenzophotography.co.uk

www.fdrlaw.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageNewborn sleeping bags
Posted by Bonfire2010 28 September, 2013 17:46

Has anyone one used a sleeping bag for a newborn? When my now 2 year old was born I just used bankets, but he used to kick them off/over him in the night. I've seen a newborn version on JoJo Maman which looks quite good, but am wondering about the safety aspect. The one's I've seen have sleeves so in theory the baby won't be able to wriggle down, but am still unsure.

Any experiences/thoughts would be appreciated.

messageRe: Newborn sleeping bags
Posted by Bishberro 28 September, 2013 18:07

Hi - I always used sleeping bags with a newborn. I think they're fine as long as they're over 8.8lb. I always had huge babies so it was ok. Check online but I think some of the grobags are fine from 7lb as well. They're specially designed so they can't wriggle down in them.

Posted by kabekay 28 September, 2013 18:20

Likewise! I swaddled for the first 10-12 weeks though, then into Grobags. No danger of wriggling down, as there are armholes with poppers to fit. I think sleeves are meant to be a no-no though, because of the danger of overheating.

Posted by mima08 28 September, 2013 22:37

We used newborn sleeping bags, they were great. Look for the special newborn ones, without sleeves, mother care also does them.

Posted by Bonfire2010 29 September, 2013 10:01

Great - thanks all.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed