Nanny programme on c4

reren

Anyone watch that new programme w nanny giving family advice - i tuned in thinking i'd probably not like it but found it really interesting. Those shows are usually so formulaic - but she had some very interesting ideas about how to handle difficult behaviour. It didnt feel too judgmental and the people weren't super extreme. It also didnt present it as though she had solved everything overnight - was impressed and there were a couple of techniques i'll take away i think...really interesting about how to avoid saying no all the time...

I didn;t see last nights but saw the one lst week with triplets (aargh!!). I thought she was really nice - I liked how she got down to the kids level and talked *to* then (rather than at them). I felt for he parents, but they really did need a kick up the bum.

I've just seen the first episode so far but we thought the same. Quite down to earth and realistic nanny ideas and parents

One thing we have actually tried, not because of a problem but because we just thought what a good idea, is to let the children put their own food o their plates, so they choose their own portion size. Interestingly daughter took much more than we usually give her and ate it all! (The future of our food bills is not looking good, especially with a sub 2 yr old son who can get through 3 weetabix for breakfast!!).

Watched Weds night's one on catch up and loved it - those 2 boys could be mine! I felt for the mum (shed a tear actually as totally empathised) and felt both inspired by new tricks but also encouraged that some methods are ones we already employ (albeit inconsistently).