Financial Advisor/Mortgage broker recommendations?

Lochie

Hi all, I was hoping someone maybe able to make a recommendation for a financial advisor or mortgage broker? I trust the recommendations in the Family Room hence the reason for this post!

What we are really interested in is someone looking at our finances and advising our best way of buying a home in 2014, taking into account the government's help to buy scheme (this is probably our only chance of buying in London) and our complete financial situation. Not sure if a Financial Advisor or broker would be better? Would prefer not to pay, not because of being a skinflint, just because spare cash is a bit sparse! Obviously don't mind paying a few hundred quid if it really is worth it.

Any recommended contacts gratefully received...

I can recommend Brendan Murton, he works for The penny group, near Liverpool station. He has been great with us, and has when needed come to our house in the evening when my husband and I have not both been able to get to him. His number is 020 79338715. I found him via a recommendation on the forum. He doesn't charge as such, but will tell you of any costs etc from products he might recommend to you.

• 3 months later...