Washing powder for real nappies

Trying to be good. Does anyone know of a good washing powder that isn't bad for the environment (or not too bad!) and work on real nappies. Always been told Ecover is a no no for nappies. Currently using Surcare but interested if others have found a god one. Ideally want one to use on everything, rather than a separate one for nappies. Ta

We use Bio-D washing powder which we buy in bulk 12.5kg boxes a few times a year. I switched to it mainly because my son and I have sensitive skin and it doesn't have any perfume or cause irritation. It washes really well at low temperatures. I also use Bio D laundry bleach and find this very effective on coloured clothes and to revive grey looking whites. Can you tell I'm currently in nesting mode awaiting baby number 2? Never thought I would be so enthusiastic about laundry detergent!

Here is a link to where I get it from.

http://www.biggreensmile.com/products/bio-d-washing-powder-12-5kg/bdwash125.aspx?productid=bdwash125

What's wrong with Ecover? I was recommended to use the non-bio Ecover with my nappies and haven't ever had any problems. I also use a germicide like Napisan or Miofresh as well. I'll change detergents if Ecover isn't really that good for the nappies...