Baby jogger city mini vs baby jogger select

Strawbs

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on these two prams? I am going to need a double next year for a newborn and a 2.5year old. I was sold on the city mini but then saw one in real life and it looked enormous! I've heard with the select you can make it a single or double as required (2.5 year old will still attend nursery 3 days a week) but I was quite keen in side by side. Thanks!! X

The select is HUGE. I tried it out when pregnant with baby 2 and with my eldest in the front seat I couldn't even lift it up (as you would if lifting up a kerb, say) or steer properly.

The mountain buggy duet is an amazing side by side, same basic width as a single phil and teds, and you can get pretty good deals on them usually. I never had a problem in any of the East dulwich shops and was fine on buses as long as they let me on the back.

thanks both. I havent seen the select in real life yet. Where is the best shop to go and have a look at prams? I tried mothercare on old kent road but they dont stock the baby jogger line..

convex - I'll have a look at that site now thank you! x

You could check if Tommy's on Rye Lane near Peckham Rye station have them? They have lots of prams.

The City Select is really huge/long unfortunately and I found the seats tiny for a toddler (my older son was very big for his age).

None of the side by sides would fit in my front door, so I ended up with an Adventure Buggy with a second seat up high near the handlebars. This meant that it was easy to take the second seat off when my older son was at nursery and just use it as a single buggy. I also liked that both seats fully reclined as I often had both napping at the same time.

With the age gap I would go for the select. It is long, but only when two seats are on - whereas you will often just need it for the newborn. Other option is a buggy board for your older child on your current buggy, she will probably scoot too, so one seat may be vacant very soon.

I had a Select and found it fine, folds up into small boot, super-narrow so gets through every door, but once you have got used to it the kerbs are easy. With your age gap I don't think a side by side would be that useful for long.

Agree with Snowboarder re the p&t. I tried my nearly 2 and 4 year old in My friend's dot over the summer and they fitted in perfectly. They are both quite short but 2 year old is chunky! It was a dream to push and would work well as a single when you needed it. I had an Explorer with a 2.8 age gap, was big but I liked that my lord child could hop in and out of the bottom seat as needed. They both slept in it too!

Kiddicare are in Croydon have the City Select, P&T's Navigator and Dot, plus lots of others out on display to try (or did a few weeks ago anyway). I rang ahead to make sure I didn't have a wasted journey. I went in specifically to look at the city mini gt (to use with buggy board), but having tried them in the shop I think we will go for one of the P&T's if we decide to buy a double. My only concern is that I have heard the P&T's are prone to puncturing.

I wouldn't bother getting a double. My eldest was 2 and 3 months when number 2 arrived, we used a P&T for about 8 weeks before switching to maclaren/ sling/buggy board/scooter.

Number 2 was also 2 and 3 months when my now 12 week twins came along. She had had to scoot ever since. We have a double for the babies and occasionally I carry one in a Bjorn so that toddler can rest but only a handful of times in 12 weeks. A new baby is a great way to get your toddler walking!

Hey BB, we did think about that but my toddler loves to run and quite without direction so I just couldnt trust him on a buggy board or anything like that I dont think. He will be 2.5 when baby number 2 arrives so it is hard to know at this stage as I guess a lot will change in the next 5 months with him but I cant envision him walking nicely next to the pram and not trying to run in to the road etc.. Id like to say I'll wait until baby is born until i buy a pram so I can be sure but Im not sure I can cope with that level of lastminute.com haha.. *crazy virgo*

That's why I thought maybe the select was a good idea s it converts to a single.. oh decisions decisions.. I think I'll stop torturing myself and just go and look at them.. x