Is there such a thing as a sling cover?

Does anyone know of a universal sling cover? I'm finding it a pain to pile layers of clothes on my baby for a short walk around the block. It would we great if there were some kind of fleecy thing I could fit over the sling instead of layers of clothes. Waterproof would be a bonus. Obviously I could use a blanket but its not draft proof and slips off.

If you have an Ergo, there's a fleecy outer layer as well as a rain cover that you can buy. We have both if you'd like to see if it works with your sling? I think there's something similar for the Baby Bjorn as well. Otherwise, I've been coveting a raincape from www.ottolondon.com to keep us both dry on the outside...but not sweltering underneathe!

I made my own, perhaps you have seen me wandering around ed with lo on my back, it's a blue m&s fleece which I cut a slit across the back and down and inserted two triangle pieces to give extra room for n, does just the job and actually I found I don't need a waterproof thing as I have hands for brolly... Stop me if you see me to take a look, it really was very easy!

jonbateson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I made my own, perhaps you have seen me wandering

> around ed with lo on my back, it's a blue m&s

> fleece which I cut a slit across the back and down

> and inserted two triangle pieces to give extra

> room for n, does just the job and actually I found

> I don't need a waterproof thing as I have hands

> for brolly... Stop me if you see me to take a

> look, it really was very easy!

Can we have a pic please?!

• 2 months later...

hello,

just starting to think about one of these for impending arrival.

how have you got on with the hoodie cover?

ergo do one especially for the ergo (which we have) but would be good to have any feedback from people who have covers?

I just bought a little lamb babywearing fleece which is not bad. It is suitable for front or back carries. It has an extra roomy bit for the baby and slit to poke their head out of. It's not the most glamorous item of clothing but I really feel the cold so I need to know I'll be warm... I also use my maternity coat which is a swing style coat and does up around both of us with an extra button I added (my LO is 1 so not tiny anymore!)