State schools for Pickwick Road

bumpy

Due to a delayed relocation we're now looking at school options for a September 2014 start date. Obvious choice of the village infants school is top of the list but can anyone advise on what other state schools we would / should be looking at? Many thanks

You can choose to only out one school on the form, but that would be a risk.

You should be a dead cert for DVIS, but you never know how many siblings will be taking up all the places, or how many 'Looked After' kids, especially as that category will expand now to include all children who were adopted from care.

Have a look at Bessemer and Rosendale. All good options :)

You could also find that you prefer a different school after you have looked at a few, so it is definitely worth looking around. We found, much to our surprise given the hype, that we did not really like the Dulwich Village and Hamlet schools as much as other schools in the area like Bessemer.

I agree with Etta166 and looking around is a must. We changed our mind on what to put first as we didn't think much of a much hyped school local to us. I thought Bessemer was fantastic and I have friends at Judith Kerr who are v happy with it. The whole process is a complete lottery anyway but it would be foolish not to complete all six choices on the form.