Where to "hang around" during half term

Monkey

I have a precious week off with my darling daughter, 4, next week. It's been a really stressful time at work so was looking forward to it. However, we are in the middle of a really messy loft conversion (with major leaks all over last night) and being home even for part of the day is not going to be nice. Any ideas where we could "hang around"? I am thinking coffee shops with play areas for example? Libraries are already on my list of course. We don't necessarily want to do lots of visiting or activities, just need ideas of nice spaces were we can chill, a bit like we'd do at home. Hope I am making sense! Any ideas welcome!

While we were having our messy loft conversion I'd sometimes take my daughter (much younger, just a year now) to the Horniman and just hang out in different rooms or the atrium for a few hours. Obviously also the cafe. Am sure it'll be rammed over half term though. Other options could be to come into town and do that in museum spaces like the Tate Modern or the museums in South Ken. If the weather is good like today you can combine that with walking along South Bank or in Kensington Gardens.

Hang in there - I almost lost my mind with the loft conversion, but it will definitely end at some point. We had leaks during the August thunderstorms and it was added stress that wasn't needed! We also made a complete sanctuary of our living room (I don't know if you can shut your door) - no shoes in there, kept it as clean as possible so you could actually hang out there. Enjoy the week!

Royal festival hall is great for hanging around. Cafe, lots of space for running around, sometimes free live music and lots to look at on the south bank. Also the dish and the spoon is a good kid friendly cafe on the nunhead side of Peckham rye park. Kids toys at the back, nice cake, very welcoming. There is also sometimes story telling etc there. Details on their fb page.

Captured on the Rye cafe and shop is open tomorrow and Saturday, then next week Weds to Sat and we're doing spin painting drop-in sessions for kids during the half-term. I'll post some information about it in the What's On section or drop me an email for more information: [email protected]

You can turn the spin paintings into greetings cards or framed prints.

We're at 85 Pellatt Road, SE22 9JD (used to be Jack's cafe).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=547922578587285&set=a.547922348587308.1073741832.414741285238749&type=3&theater

Crystal palace one o clock club has a scheme in the holidays

Craft, toys, outside area

Tea and toast available

Combine with walk in park or the farm or swim in the sports centre

Surrey quays farm has lots on and lovely cafe and walk along the river, nice park opposite the hotel there

• 2 weeks later...