The weight is off... Now to get fit with no free time . Help!

Hello wonders of the Edf. I had my first child nearly 6 years ago, and had another 3 years ago and it's taken me until now to finally lose the weight. Now I'm desperate to get fit and toned before I hit the dreaded 40 next year. I have no time between a full time job, studying and the children etc (I know we all face it :-) and I'm not allowed to run because of wondrous childbirth damage (sorry, tmi).(I love running so I'm gutted).

Any brilliant ideas? Something I can do in snatched times between waking and a shower at 6am and whenever else I can find time... Guess I could do a longer stint at the weekend if my husband agrees to look after kids.

Well done for losing the weight - that's the hardest part done!

I fit my exercise in early morning, before the kids get up, it's the only way I can do it at the moment. I run, but also have some DVDs which are good and easy to fit in. The 30 Day Shred is just 20 minutes long, so really easy to fit into the day (and despite being just 20 minutes it really works). Also good is Davina Intense, about 35 mins all in.

My friend produces the Davina DVDs and has just finished filming the newest one which is going to be made up of 15 minute targeted workouts, which sounds ideal too.

it depends on your work of course, but i manage to go for a swim at lunchtimes - i can do 20 mins and be back in an hour or 30 mins and take an extra ten mins and tap it on to the end or the start of the day. there is a chain of the healthclub i belong to ten mins walk from my work. i find if i do 20 mins i really go for it rather than taking ages like i would at home.

susypx

I am 2 kids in and have same issue re running :-( I've done a lot of research on suitable exercises and an exercise bike seems to be the way forward. That or swimming which I don't have time to do! My problem area is my stomach which needs a major tone up. I'm hoping that the bike will help and I'll be able to do half hour stints through the week in front of the tv! Going to wait til jan to buy one in the sales....after a major pig out over Xmas of course ;-)

Thanks everyone. Love eDF. I'm not brave enough to cycle to work and swimming always takes up too much time. I think exercise bike is the only way. That and a bit of a DVD early in the morning. I woke early this morning even with the clocks going back and thought I could probably make myself do it and get up early during the week... Famous last words.

I feel your pain! is such a challenge.

I can't do early morning because as soon as I stir the kids wake-up. Though perhaps now we'll have a long morning we could all do a DVD together??? I used to cycle to work but then my hubby pinched the bike, so now I do a 30 min brisk walk at each end of my public transport journey, i.e. get off the bus a really long way from where I live.

Could you do one class a week? I find doing one is at least better than doing none.....

really like the idea of those 20 min work out DVDs tho....

I've heard a lot about the 7 minute work-out recently. If you google it you get loads of hits. It's meant to be great, thought I haven't tried it myself yet.

Personally, I cycle to work (which is not as scary as you might think on a carefully planned route) and try to swim or do a pilates class in the evening once a week. I also find that pushing a double buggy around the place is a pretty good way to stay fit. I find it really helps me if I have oaid upfront for a course of classess or swimming training, because then I make sure that I go so as not to waste the money.