In need of a evening nanny/sitter??????????

Hi guys,

I'm finding it very difficult to find an Ofsted registered nanny/babysitter/child minder for the evenings! :(

All I need is someone to pick my son up from Dulwich Village Infants at 5.45 till I arrive at 9 o clock 3-4 times weekly. Why is this such a challenge is anyone else facing difficulties??? can anyone recommend their nanny???

Any help is appreciated..

I start a new role in 3 weeks so starting to worry about childcare now!

I know for myself when I have needed childcare between 5.00 - 6.30 it was really difficult to find someone, and i guess this is because most people where still working. I think for someone to work from 5.30 to 9 three days a week is part-time, and they might well have to have a job during the day, and could find it difficult to end their one job and go to anotehr (timings?)

Could you ask at DVI if someone there might want to take your son home and pick up extra hours. There was the odd occasion when my daugther was at nursery, that i would use one of her carers to take her home.

Not to state the obvious, but have you posted this in the family section ... i posted recently for a babysitter and got alot of responses.

Thanks for replying yes you may be right, I think ,most people may want fulltime hours..

The odd sitters that I have found that are willing to do the hours are not Ofsted registered which would mean I have to pay their fee out of my own pocket.

I have posted in the classified section thank you but not the family ill do that too.

Ahh

Will now consider a nanny from 3.30-9!!!