exercise with music

Hi,

I am steadily loosing weight (with around 2 stones to go) and need to find a class I can stick with for a while. I used to love a group exercise done with music but having looked through internet there seems to be a huge variety in all sorts of venues. Does anybody have an experience of a local class that is done with music, can be done by somebody getting back into fitness and where trainer makes sure you do it correctly and don't harm yourself? I just happen to detest running and loose any will to live in a gym. It would be also great if I wasn't the only huffing and puffing creature in a room full of toned ballet dancers. Any suggestion is appreciated.

I go to this Zumba class in the Charter School on Wednesday evenings sometimes. It's absolutely brilliant fun, the instructor has a ridiculous amount of energy and is very entertaining. There are a huge range of people that go, a handful of sixth formers from the school and a few good dancers who also do his hip hop classes but its mostly middle aged ladies of all shapes and sizes, lumbering around in a vague approximation of what the instructor is doing and having a lovely time. He doesn't really pay any attention to what you're doing though, just on keeping the energy levels up and encouraging people to go for it with lots of silly moves. It sounds kind of annoying but isn't. It's I think ?2 for the first class, then ?5 if you pay for five classes at once that you can use up any time. I really recommend it!

http://www.shakethatzumba.co.uk/classes/