carcinogen and paraben free baby wash: anyone?

This is an immensely informative website database listing thousands of products and detailing the level of harmful/toxic ingredients. They have a rating and colour coded system from 0-10. It may be worth a look. It is an American website though many product companies are international so their items are sold here. Here is the link: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

The other posters are right; water is sufficient, although our 'hard water' isn't ideal. Good luck mama!

In truth, many of the companies with the 'paraben free' 'no SLS' have simply replaced the well known chemicals with equally or more dangerous ones. Consider shampoo. You don't need 41896214 ingredients - I mean what do all those actually do to your scalp and hair? Surely you don't buy into the adverts? Personally, I use the no 'poo method. ;-)

My concern is the repeated exposure and the downplaying of the long term effects. Parabens are found in blueberries. That doesn't mean parabens isolated and then put together with other such ingredients will behave the same way. Even in nature, there are harmful chemicals. Don't forget that many claims or research/studies are paid for by companies to make them look above board; they won't publish the negative data. I believe we should investigate the source of any health claims; positive or negative. I also believe you should just follow the money (who paid for it/has something to gain from it?)...

I believe Mustela products are also very good. They are much cheaper in the US if you like them and has an opportunity to buy from there. We use its sun cream and face creams... I use earth friendly for bath as it is easier to find in supermarkets and like...

My son is 11 months old & I don't use any soaps on his skin either (I'm trying to avoid it for as long as possible. To combat the hard water battering his delicate skin I add organic castor oil & a couple of drops of lavender essential oil to his bath. This was suggested to me by Monica in Healthmatters & it works a treat, no sign of any eczema anymore! (I also use MooGoo cream after washing his face after food etc)

At the risk of sounding a bit minging I barely bath my kids! When I do (usually once a week after swimming) I use Weleda baby wash, and have also used Use More Carrots from healthmatters. It's simply to get rid of the chlorine smell (especially from their hair)! Other than that just water and a flannel twice a day! Is that bad? Found this method is a lot better for dry skin?

I thought that might be the case. It's carried very extensively by pharmacies in Ireland where I initially came across it but not so widespread here yet. We use the shampoo too, good for cradle cap. Undiscovered we are an equally minging household. I use a bit of weleda calendula stuff for feet and suchlike but otherwise just water in the bath every other day and hair every 10 days. Those ads with newborn babies covered in bubbles freak me out.