Good GP/Heath Visitor recommendation for young child?

carebear

Hi there,

I'm new to the area and have an eleven month old baby. We are currently looking to register with a GP surgery and wondered if anyone has any recommendations. I'm aware that most GP surgeries carry the same types of grievances (difficulty getting an appointment, rude reception staff etc.) and while I'd like to avoid them, that's not my main concern; my priority is finding somewhere with a good baby clinic/health visitor/child GP system where it's easy to get my baby seen to quickly if he's ill and where there is an efficient system in place for him to get jabs, do the standard check ups etc. Competent Health Visitors would also be a bonus!

Lordship Lane Surgery, 306 Medical Centre and Dulwich Medical Centre (CP Rd) are the three coming up closest to us on the NHS Choice website, so any opinions about those ones specifically would be much appreciated.

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before - I've done a search and have not found any threads about GP surgeries specifically relevant to young children but if there is one, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.

Think HVs based at Townley Road clinic and that it does not matter which GP you are with you access HV via there, and that GP (DMC) expects me to keep on top of which jabs when, but appmt availability etc for that is fine. Also if you say appmt needed is for a child they do usually try to accomodate. HV I have always found an irrelevance once initial weighing stage over, but that is just me. They are there at Townley Road if needed.

306 is good - the nurse is lovely with children and the receptionists always try and fit little ones in for appointments. Their health visitors are at Townley Rd.

I swapped to there from DMC as I was sick of never getting an appointment.

• 2 weeks later...