Toddler activities recommendations for Tuesday morning in FH

mbennett

I'm on maternity leave with a 6 week old and a 2 year old. My game plan is to get out of the house and do an activity/playgroup for toddler in the morning then home for lunch and nap & crafty things in afternoon. Only problem is that I can't find a good class to do on the Tuesday morning.

My son is very active so something which involves burning off a bit of energy would be good. We are based in forest hill, open to any suggestions

It is probably a bit far for you but if you drive the play group on wickham rd in Brockley is good. Lots of space, slides, cars and trikes to drive about in and singing at the end. It is a church group and some of the songs/stories are religious so possibly not one for any strident atheists, although it certainly isn't just for churchgoers.

Rainbows playgroup in the church on ladywell road opposite cemetery (can't remember name!) it's 9.30-11.30 stay and play with crafts / play / singing. On Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm planning to take my 2yo and newborn when my husband finishes pat. leave.

If you want something closer to forest hill then the church on One tree hill does a playgroup Tuesdays 9.30-11.30 too.

Not sure where you are in FH - but there is a messy play at Eliot Bank Childrens Centre (not far from the pool and library) and a new Latino Bambino group at the new and lovely and shiny Wells Park Youth Centre. A couple of friends have gone and have raved about it - for an active 2 year old, this might be just right. Don't let slightly scary surroundings put you off - it's lovely inside, I go to a few things there with my 3.

And both activities are free - even better!